Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I was thinking about how lovely the guinea fowl are to each other, they were genuinely concerned when one got out and called to her until she got back in. On the other hand, if any of the chooks get out it's like "bye, see you, more food for me, oh, and I bags the best spot on the perch " and then back to their scratching. Teila the first thing I noticed was the painted looking face as well, the photo doesn't do it justice, it actually looks like pure white puffy paint, or thick white zinc cream.

Satay, there is a young man down this way who is wanting a dozen fertile marans eggs, I said I would ask you if you post them and let him know. He seems like a nice young man.
hi i normally do post but at the moment they are off the lay a bit. I can let you know when i have more if he isnt in a hurry.

Haha helicopter mum, havent heard that one in a little while ;-) the only experience i have is my current one. I let both hatches (a week apart) straight in with the others after a day or 2. Not a single issue.

Since my 2nd lots mum is on the bottom of the heirachy she got a few peckings to begin with but thats all. Nobody had a go at any of the chicks they were just accepted in as the babies. Id go for it, bigger they get the more a threat they might look? Have never introduced few week old chicks but def had 100% positive experiences with 1-2 day old, was actually so amazed and wondered why on earth i was stressing about it so much! Haha.

Now the younger chicks have joined miss vonte and her chicks over this side of the fence. Was fine for the first 20 mins or so but now theyre moving out of their mums sight she is sooking up a storm.

Its so lovely having them all wonder around the back with me. I do miss it so am not in a hurry to fill in the holes :) little darlings

Awww :).

My babies have stolen penny's spot tonight. She has sat there for the last three years but they obviously tried to sit too close tonight and so they were in her spot and she is perched on the opposite end as far as she can get from them. No wonder she is the bottom of the pecking order when even the babies can push her around lol

Back
Top Bottom