Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

It's awful isn't it. I cried for 2 days when i had to re-home my sheep recently. You know you are doing the right thing but it doesn't make it any easier.
hugs.gif

Yeah, it's the worst feeling, you just want your feathered or furry babies with you but someone or some stupid rule won't let you. Yet it's ok for that **** neighbours dog to back all day AND night, one of those little yip dogs, they have a set of lungs on them. Ok yes, a bit of sourgrapes there :p

Telia, I hope you can work with Kiki, she sounds like such a sweet girl despite being noisy :)

This post has been hard to type, Beatrice my d'uccle I can hear is singing an egg song, at 4 1/2 months? Bit young for that I thought. And my new chookie is walking all over me, pecking the keys on my tablet. She loves pecking my earrings more than Bea does >_<. She was itching to get out of her pen though, not to walk around on the ground, but to walk on me, she's happily snuggled next to my neck. Well, bonding has happened quicker than I thought lol. She's been well socialized from the get go I imagine. Doing alot of exploring using that pointy beak of her's though :S

Hey i have never experienced this in a young chicken thats about 10 weeks old.
Cleaning up after rose today I found this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7333380/width/200/height/400[/IMG

This is rose she lookes no where near ready to lay hence the concern.

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7333383/width/200/height/400

Hey Kat, :) if rose hasn't been displaying any symptoms of lethargy I'd be inclined to think that it might be time worm your flock.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html

Have a good look at this chart.
hey fancy.
1f60a.png
Rose is showing no changes in behaviour at all at it was just once. I will keep an eye on her and worm all the chicken just in case. Can I still eat the eggs from my older girls if I worm them. ... or should I wait for the older girls go into molt and stop laying to worm? What do you do?

Originally Posted by Fancychooklady

Sounds a little inhumane to me.
sad.png

Sorry for the double post, having a few probs with this site today.
See it's not just you Annie.
smile.png

Not too keen on the idea of crow collars ... a cockerel crows - and the problem is that many councils don't allow that - which is such a shame. There is more noise from noisy parties, uproars when someone is having an argument in the street at 2 a.m. boom boxes in hoon cars, screeching of burn out tyres, the sounds of shots fired ( I don't want to know at what ) etc. ... and many other annoyances in a neighbourhood, than a cock crowing.

But that's just my opinion ... I do respect other neighbours feelings about it. Wonder how many people have kept a crowing cock, without any objections from neighbours - anywhere. I would think that would be the case, more often than we might think. ..... of course the Council, if on their rounds hears a cock crow there most likely would be intervention.

Heaven help me if one of our rangers is in earshot of Mindy Araucana who can kick up one helluva ruckus at times, and ......... sound like she's crowing. So far, so good.

And yes Fancy - this site crashes - and it is very annoying. Figured it wouldn't be just me - an overall 'cyber hissy fit' situation ??
sad.png
Too many technological hitches and glitches these days .... makes me want to give it all away at times.

Cheers all -------
Its not about neiighbours, i live in the middle of no where its for my farther because his room is closest to the pen and he is a little sleeper, me ended up making him a crow box to sleep and wake up in.

A sneak peek at our totally over engineered chicken run. My partner is obviously feeling guilty about Carla getting hurt on his watch and this is his way of paying her back.
1f633.png
2764.png

Sadly to begin with we will put a cheap commercial coop inside the run until we work out a good design we agree on.

A sneak peek at our totally over engineered chicken run. My partner is obviously feeling guilty about Carla getting hurt on his watch and this is his way of paying her back.
1f633.png
2764.png

Sadly to begin with we will put a cheap commercial coop inside the run until we work out a good design we agree on.

Hehe, nothing like a little guilt for incentive . :) you'll get a few years out of the coop, but I would use those cement pavers to elevate it up off the damp ground. :)

Back
Top Bottom