Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Thanks Annie, I usually add the yokult to cooked rice and raw egg. Scarlet isn't very happy about her boat ride. Just hope she settles down before Friday.
roll.png

I think I will just use rice for Mandy actually, mixed with a couple of teaspoons of yokult starting next Sunday. Don't want to upset apple carts in the feeding at the moment. Got enough to think about with her. Raw ( and cooked ) eggs have a lot of protein ... numerous different ideas about how much, and which is more / which is less !! As a rule of thumb, I cook eggs to feed to my hens every so often - and give my adult Golden Retriever, Miss Ruby - one raw egg a week in her holistic dry food. Raw eggs apparently are far better for dogs, than well cooked / scrambled eggs. I don't know the reason for that.

Cheers .......

Annie I think this is the information you seek.
Not a huge difference between impacted, sour or pendulous crop. The cause can differ but the outcome is usually the same.

http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8024923

Fancy .... your googling and resources prowess is amazing. I have bookmarked that one. Lots of info there.
caf.gif

I often think that from the get-go, Mandy has been one very unusual chicken, in so many respects. I seriously cannot say sour crop, nor impacted crop - nothing shows as those.

Just where her crop actually is, and why it can be so rarely found ... is the puzzle. ... Especially as it is so easy and obvious to find the other two girls' crops. !! She's one heilluva strange chookie - and I can only hope she continues to eat, drink and muddle around as she has, and still does - only recently with an obvious problem in the leg. She has always been a hen with very proud bearing, and has always strutted, rather than careen around the place like a maniac ( like her friend Molly often does ). If Molly walks at a quieter pace while grazing, Mandy has always stayed right with her - and she's begun to do that again today. The only time I have ever seen Mandy RUN anywhere, was when she came back from the Vets.... Ran into her coop to feed, with a sore leg. !!! Even when I call them from free ranging, Molly runs full tilt towards me ( "Mum might have goodies - yippee" ), with Mandy bringing up the rear at a sedate pace. Very regal bearing.
smile.png
... But I have seen her ' sort of run' at Mindy to try and murder her !!!

Queen of the walk - is Mandy.

Cheers - and thank you ........

Poor cutie has a bit of a cold and a gunky eye. Off to the vet tomorrow. She's eating and drinking and active but I've brought her inside till she's better. Currently napping on my lap.

I do so hope your little darling recovers well and quickly. Good that she is eating and drinking properly and is still active.

Best wishes to you and your little chicken ....

Cheers ......

Good morning folks
frow.gif

MyHaven I hope your little one is feeling much better now.

Anniebee Sorry to read that you and hubby were feeling unwell but good to read that Mandy continues to improve.

Sorry, besides treating a couple of bouts of sour crop, I do not have much experience in the crop department.

You ask good questions; the answers to which we all benefit from .. no banning from me!
wink.png

Love the bathing pic Fizzybelle!

Fancy I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday. I understand that it is probably not good that she is doing that but WOW that picture of Scarlet is awesome!

Hi there Luv1another lovely to meet you and welcome to BYC and this thread.

SilkieChickStar aaaw that pic of your Silkie sleeping on your lap is adorable. Fingers crossed that she is recovering.

I have a new layer! I am not sure who though lol.
In the last week both my d'uccle and bantam langshan have been doing the submissive squat.
Alternatively it could be Goldy the Pekin.

Back
Top Bottom