Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

welcome-byc.gif
You'll love it here. We have 19 chooks and a German shepherd his name is Bear. They are such beautiful dogs.

Thanks hon, you wouldnt be on the Padded Paws & friends on FB are you?

Thanks Fizzy. She had a sister, but she was taken by an eagle. I caught it red clawed! Couldn't be mad though as he is a stunning bird. They breed each year near our place. I also have some Sussex and Welsummers and a little OEG duck wing rooster. Hoping to add Spangled Hamburg and possibly Aracauna. I need to shift some other birds about first though!

Good to have you on board Woods!
thankyou hon :) can you tell me if i can change my member name lol just call me Bev :)

Thankyou sj I have three others a belgian d'uccle laying wonderfully which I didn't really expect and 2 isa brown who consistently lay which of course I expected and they all did the squat, but my little silkie is so skittish doesn't let anyone near her I just can't tell. She is white so what colour eggs will she lay? How old were yours when they started to lay?

Depending on what breeder it comes from it could be white or light brown eggs. Most of mine start laying around 14 -20 weeks old.

i found a pic of Beauty, she is very skitttish, can anyone help me on ideas how to be able to get her to trust us a bit better, the other two crouch down when we touch them on the back
Find out what her favorite traeats are and sit out in the yard with her some where and place a few out in front of you. After a while she will get brave enough to eat them, and after that she will start to trust you more if you do it often

Howdy folks
frow.gif

Hey nicky chicky I agree with sjturner79 in that you should see an egg from your Silkie very soon. My white silkie laid white eggs.

Nice to see you found us woods2017 .. welcome to the thread!

Aaaaw Sam adorable bubbies!

Just a couple of progress pics on the Forrest Beach coop which is nearly done .. just the run door, run trim, ramp and staining to go which is a good thing cos the girls fly out Friday.

Back
Top Bottom