Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Yes they are so funny. I love watching them they keep chasing each other around the brooder. I have a large plastic tub 54 x 90cm.
I opened my eggs there were 6 left and they had developed but not pipped internally. So I don't know whether my humidity was high enough or what the problem was. I am so glad to get the 3 three though.
How did you go with finding another duckling?

I wouldn't worry to much. Mine survive out here quite well and we have near 50c in summer. A fan could work i guess if you are that worried about them.
Ok thx i get summers like that here too luckly its stil spring
Im gonna try wet towels and fans that should work maybe a icepack undet the towels on hotter days

Yes they are so funny. I love watching them they keep chasing each other around the brooder. I have a large plastic tub 54 x 90cm.
I opened my eggs there were 6 left and they had developed but not pipped internally. So I don't know whether my humidity was high enough or what the problem was. I am so glad to get the 3 three though.
How did you go with finding another duckling?

I have my two in a portacot, they are so adorable i'm relieved the big one isn't bullying the little one anymore. I can sleep in my own bed now lol, I leave them a lamp on or they really carry on lol

Nope no luck on another duckling :'(

Yes all mine had full ducklings in them but as I said a lot of grey goop around them.

Mine were goopy but I didn't open them completely to see if they had absorbed any yolk. I think Fancy is right don't hatch dirty eggs. I don't know whether to see if I can get some ducklings while mine are little and put them together, but then you don't know what your getting when you don't hatch them yourself. I worry about what mine will catch.

Mine were goopy but I didn't open them completely to see if they had absorbed any yolk. I think Fancy is right don't hatch dirty eggs. I don't know whether to see if I can get some ducklings while mine are little and put them together, but then you don't know what your getting when you don't hatch them yourself. I worry about what mine will catch.

Exactly! Mine seem so healthy right now. The one place I saw that had Muscovy ducklings, the photos looked like they weren't in very good conditions. Looked like a parking lot.
I don't think I'm willing to risk them. Imagine how bad I would feel if I got more and they ended up dying from an infections disease!

Back
Top Bottom