Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey Laylaloveschickens

I have only transported birds within Queensland so I can not help you regarding quarantine etc. However, 7 months ago we did fly our much loved 5 x bantams from Brisbane when we moved because I was not parting with them.

We used Jet Pets and they picked them up from our home and drove them to Brisbane Airport. Once they touched down in Townsville, their Townsville agent then drove them the 1.5 hours to our new home.

I highly recommend Jet Pets, they were awesome!

The girls ranged in age from 3 to 4.5 years old and handled the flight etc very well.
Thank you so much for this I will contact jet pets first thing tomorrow :) :)

MY guess is Blueberry possible boy
Caramella, i'm lead towards boy with the thickness of the legs
Licorice and pebbles i'd go boys too.
Clemintine has a big comb for 8 weeks so I's keep an eye on that one too.
Hey Satay, Thanks for your guesses!
My guesses are:
Clementine - Boy
Licorice - Boy
Pebble - Girl
Buttercup - Girl
Blueberry - Not sure
Hattie - Not sure
Caramello - Not sure

Hi guys, question for the quail owners. If you were to find a quail would you bother trying to find its owner or as they all kinda look alike would you just go straight to rehoming it?

How you going down there Fancy? I have seen the rather hot weather you have been having. Thankfully we have not been to bad with temps though it has become really dry again. Not to much to report which for me some times is a good thing . Main pen is laying well. The Belgians have gone on strike and my one remaining girl marans is not at age to lay yet but her brother(not related) is doing his best I'm going figure how to crow thing at the moment which always gives me a giggle. How is everyone elses going?
Hey there . We've been site seeing with long time friends from Manly. The weather has been hotter than usual and I unfortunately lost 3 x silkie youngsters to heat stroke , but its cooler today and my guests have just left so I can now get stuck into my Farm jobs.
It was nice to visit the port Arthur historic site again. :)

Hey Laylaloveschickens

I have only transported birds within Queensland so I can not help you regarding quarantine etc. However, 7 months ago we did fly our much loved 5 x bantams from Brisbane when we moved because I was not parting with them.

We used Jet Pets and they picked them up from our home and drove them to Brisbane Airport. Once they touched down in Townsville, their Townsville agent then drove them the 1.5 hours to our new home.

I highly recommend Jet Pets, they were awesome!

The girls ranged in age from 3 to 4.5 years old and handled the flight etc very well.
How are your girls going up there? Hope your getting a bit of the rain i have seen up that way.

Hey there . We've been site seeing with long time friends from Manly. The weather has been hotter than usual and I unfortunately lost 3 x silkie youngsters to heat stroke , but its cooler today and my guests have just left so I can now get stuck into my Farm jobs.
It was nice to visit the port Arthur historic site again. :)
Sorry for your loss. My mum went to Port Arthur when she was there. Said it was kinda creepy but nice too.

How are your girls going up there? Hope your getting a bit of the rain i have seen up that way.

Hey satay!

The girls are going great! Cilla and Dusty turn 5 next month! Just finished breaking Cilla from yet another bout of broodiness ;)

We have not had as much rain as I was expecting and I am still having to water the lawn but that might change this week with the monsoon ;)

I think Brisbane has gotten way more rain than us!

There are a lot of souls there , but it is the most pristine beautiful place to visit. Next time I'm doing the ghost tour , the new commemorative garden for the massacre victims is very tastefully done and not so ' in your face ' as the temporary one was. The day is getting hotter here and we could certainly do with some here too. Our visitor flies all over the world with film crews looking for pro surf waves and said that the rest of Australia could learn a lot about tourism from tassie because they have ' nailed it ' . Never really given it much thought , but with the island bursting at the seams ATM I guess it's good to send them home happy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom