Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

ok so theres this website called stable hill farm at first i was all in to buy a easter egger and a silkie but i thought i should confirm they do home deliveries i spent all day calling the number they listed on their website and it seems off i found them through a ad on gumtree but now i went back to check the ad and its gone do any of you guys know a hatchery that delivers home and is in victoria??
Try this number… after doing my own research I found that the Facebook number was different…good luck

Attachments

• 4FE0DD51-B4CD-4C43-A169-6FA68C12B40F.png
    4FE0DD51-B4CD-4C43-A169-6FA68C12B40F.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • DC1ADF51-71E3-48E7-89DD-2A1CA7A6B619.png
    DC1ADF51-71E3-48E7-89DD-2A1CA7A6B619.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Try this number… after doing my own research I found that the Facebook number was different…good luck
yes i contacted her and she said she had just shipped out her last batch of pullets and would be happy to ship them over to me in 2 or 3 months so i said ok ill try then but then i was just scrolling through gumtree and found someone selling a broody and her 8 chicks so uh i bought them they hatched on monday the 13 and they are a mix of araucanas and sussex and australorp the rooster was a beautiful araucana and i am happy with my purchase mother is a mix of a white laced i paid around 130 aud was that a scam? forgot to mention the guy said that the chicks will change colour they are black at the moment he said the hen i got has a better chance of being araucana so could someone verify that for me his hens were greyish lavender and black and white mostly araucana did eh scam me or are they really araucana

yes i contacted her and she said she had just shipped out her last batch of pullets and would be happy to ship them over to me in 2 or 3 months so i said ok ill try then but then i was just scrolling through gumtree and found someone selling a broody and her 8 chicks so uh i bought them they hatched on monday the 13 and they are a mix of araucanas and sussex and australorp the rooster was a beautiful araucana and i am happy with my purchase mother is a mix of a white laced i paid around 130 aud was that a scam? forgot to mention the guy said that the chicks will change colour they are black at the moment he said the hen i got has a better chance of being araucana so could someone verify that for me his hens were greyish lavender and black and white mostly araucana did eh scam me or are they really araucana
I think 9 chickens for $130 is a good price, assuming they're in good health and you're ok to keep any cockerels.

Would have to see photos to tell you what breed… as for paying 130 for 9 chicks and a broody I would say you got ripped off as I just sold 6 chicks for $60 and a full grown broody you can get for $20 if someone is selling simply to reduce numbers or for other reasons they can normally do a better deal for you.. if the broody/chicks are pure breed then yes you got a deal so long as your prepared to keep Roos and with the logic of chicks you can pretty much that at least 5-7 of them are going to be boys… 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Would have to see photos to tell you what breed… as for paying 130 for 9 chicks and a broody I would say you got ripped off as I just sold 6 chicks for $60 and a full grown broody you can get for $20 if someone is selling simply to reduce numbers or for other reasons they can normally do a better deal for you.. if the broody/chicks are pure breed then yes you got a deal so long as your prepared to keep Roos and with the logic of chicks you can pretty much that at least 5-7 of them are going to be boys… 🤣🤣🤣🤣
woah i got ripped off i cant really take pictures since they all keep hiding under broody as soon as i come in the garage and broody is quite mad when i come near her but at first the price was 140 but i said to him to reduce it so he made it 130 he had another broody australorp with 6 chicks for 120 and he counted it wrong there were 7 chicks and he was demanding 10 extra for it thats when i knew he wasnt too nice my mum didnt like him too much @Poultry mum what state are you in?

woah i got ripped off i cant really take pictures since they all keep hiding under broody as soon as i come in the garage and broody is quite mad when i come near her but at first the price was 140 but i said to him to reduce it so he made it 130 he had another broody australorp with 6 chicks for 120 and he counted it wrong there were 7 chicks and he was demanding 10 extra for it thats when i knew he wasnt too nice my mum didnt like him too much @Poultry mum what state are you in?
I’m in nsw… yes sometimes you get people who are quite mean and nasty…thats when you know they are in it for the money not for the love and passion of chickens and poultry in general….

Hey all just found the Aussie post!
Im from Central West NSW And have a love of hatching chicks!!! Its just my own personal hobby my kids and i enjoy. I don't hatch to sell, I'm just so fascinated by the entire incubation process, and love to gift my family and friends with chicks to enjoy! Tho Roos end up in the freezer! I have a little flock of Barred Plymouth Rocks, 2 freeloading Australorps. 🤣 We live on the outskirts of town on 1 Acre that is basically a small hobby farm! We also have Bee's, Parrots, 2 budgies, 2 lambs, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 Lizards and a rabbit.. basically starting off our own Ark i think! 🤔
Anyways just wanted to say hey! 👋

Poultry Mum how did you get on with the council regarding your Roo's? Do you still need people to sign your petition?

Last edited:
Hey all just found the Aussie post!
Im from Central West NSW And have a love of hatching chicks!!! Its just my own personal hobby my kids and i enjoy. I don't hatch to sell, I'm just so fascinated by the entire incubation process, and love to gift my family and friends with chicks to enjoy! Tho Roos end up in the freezer! I have a little flock of Barred Plymouth Rocks, 2 freeloading Australorps. 🤣 We live on the outskirts of town on 1 Acre that is basically a small hobby farm! We also have Bee's, Parrots, 2 budgies, 2 lambs, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 Lizards and a rabbit.. basically starting off our own Ark i think! 🤔
Anyways just wanted to say hey! 👋

Poultry Mum how did you get on with the council regarding your Roo's? Do you still need people to sign your petition?
Always need signatures… Lithgow council still won’t change… I’m actually moving to Bathurst where my flock my kids and my ark of animals can live happily and in peace!! Lol 😂
If you want to pm me your more than welcome too I love meeting new chicken lovers in the area.. i don’t feel so alone then with my crazy passion lol 😂

It's a shame they are being so unreasonable! I have just signed and shared so hopefully that gets you more!

Bathurst is lovely! My brother inlaw lived there for 2 years before his job took him elsewhere! We stayed with him and went to Winterfest! 😍😍 it was so much fun the kids had a blast!

I'm in Dubbo! Just a bit further west then there and thankfully don't get any snow! Just the horrible heat! I'll definitely have to give you a message once i get up out of bed and have a coffee. My cat that sleeps at my feet everynight is death glaring me for breakfast and i can hear my 7 year old is awake! 🤣 But it will be great to have a chicken lover to chat to, my friends just call me the crazy chicken lady! 🤣🤣

Always need signatures… Lithgow council still won’t change… I’m actually moving to Bathurst where my flock my kids and my ark of animals can live happily and in peace!! Lol 😂
If you want to pm me your more than welcome too I love meeting new chicken lovers in the area.. i don’t feel so alone then with my crazy passion lol 😂
I hear ya darl!…🤣🤣🤣🤣 welcome to the family !!!

Back
Top Bottom