Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Oh I know this pain oh so well.. tho throw in a broody Muscovy who thinks just because no one is laying in the “normal” place (I have a broody who won’t let anyone in..tho she’s not actually sitting on anything) that means she can then try and claim ALL The eggs (yes chicken and duck) and then bites the crap outta you when you try to take them all off her..( we’re talking like 20 eggs a day here) …. I’ve even got ones that now prefer to lay eggs in the laundry and then there’s honey who knocks on the back door to come inside and lay her egg… 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It's polite to knock first :gig

Oh I know this pain oh so well.. tho throw in a broody Muscovy who thinks just because no one is laying in the “normal” place (I have a broody who won’t let anyone in..tho she’s not actually sitting on anything) that means she can then try and claim ALL The eggs (yes chicken and duck) and then bites the crap outta you when you try to take them all off her..( we’re talking like 20 eggs a day here) …. I’ve even got ones that now prefer to lay eggs in the laundry and then there’s honey who knocks on the back door to come inside and lay her egg… 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
One that knocks on the door to come inside to lay! That's gold!! One thing i am lucky about is i don't have any cranky broody girls!! Luckily!! They have no issues with me checking under them or even picking them up when 2 broody girls were trying to share 1 box!! 🤣🤣 my worst part about them getting in at the start and laying on each other is i have no idea how many days we are at.. i did write some dates on some eggs just with a coloured pencil but i can't even fine them anymore and they kept swapping and changing boxes so much im confused what nest box was the first lot of eggs now 🤣🤣 i got in and candled some them other night and have been checking daily for babies or any obvious pips im definitely going to have to be more prepared next time! I honestly didn't think all 4 of my plymouth girls would go broody so 1st spring has definitely been a challenge 🤣🤣 lesson learnt for next time tho!

Computer storage fixed! I just realised that I've taken 200 chicken photos this month! That is the reason there is no storage!
We hatched 16 babies over three days and I have photos galore!
IMG_6637.JPG
IMG_6628.JPG
IMG_6613.JPG
IMG_6600.JPG
IMG_6595.JPG
IMG_6574.JPG
IMG_6702.JPG
IMG_6598.JPG
IMG_6589.JPG
IMG_6565.JPG

Back
Top Bottom