Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey everyone!
I use Vella Stock Feeds as well, mostly their grower, and I must say I've been very happy with the brand and in my opinion you can't really go wrong with it.

Hey @Sussex19! Yeah totally agree - I use their chick starter and it's the best I've seen so far and at a very reasonable price too! No offence to anyone but I reckon Barastoc is a little bit over-rated. I think they spend a lot of money making their brand pretty and charge you a premium price for it. @Poultry mum was the one who recommended me the brand - I believe she uses their chick starter, layer feed and scratch as well.

Hey @Sussex19! Yeah totally agree - I use their chick starter and it's the best I've seen so far and at a very reasonable price too! No offence to anyone but I reckon Barastoc is a little bit over-rated. I think they spend a lot of money making their brand pretty and charge you a premium price for it. @Poultry mum was the one who recommended me the brand - I believe she uses their chick starter, layer feed and scratch as well.
How are you, @ChookieG ?
I didn't know that they did a chick starter as well, do you know if its medicated for coccidiosis? I try to avoid that, as there doesn't seem any need here.
I like their grower, as it just has some natural herbs or something in it, instead.

I use the chick and duckling starter and the layer pellets and sometimes the scratch mix from Vella … my girls have discovered JM scratch… same price as Vella

How are you, @ChookieG ?
I didn't know that they did a chick starter as well, do you know if its medicated for coccidiosis? I try to avoid that, as there doesn't seem any need here.
I like their grower, as it just has some natural herbs or something in it, instead.
Their chick starter is unmedicated … I don’t with the grower just keep them on the stater until they are 8-12weeks then slowly move them over to the layer and scratch…. They seem to do much better rather than going thru 4 different feeds … easier on the pocket too as by 12 weeks their basically ready to be “big girls or boys” …. And yes I feed my boys layer pellets too… it helps with umm… fertility 🤣 haven’t had an infertile roo or drake yet…

Their chick starter is unmedicated … I don’t with the grower just keep them on the stater until they are 8-12weeks then slowly move them over to the layer and scratch…. They seem to do much better rather than going thru 4 different feeds … easier on the pocket too as by 12 weeks their basically ready to be “big girls or boys” …. And yes I feed my boys layer pellets too… it helps with umm… fertility 🤣 haven’t had an infertile roo or drake yet…
Good to know! I'll see if I can find some!
I do the opposite, and do away with the layer, and just feed the grower with shell on the side.

How are you, @ChookieG ?
Hey @Sussex19! Am great! Busy now that I've got 18 buns in the oven.. day 11 now and they're still all alive.. so fingers crossed...except I made a boo boo today and accidentally cracked 1 egg but have sealed it with wax so hopefully the baby inside will pull through... How've you been?

Yeap the Chick Starter has a natural herbal based coccidiostat as well - just like the Grower feed - has no withholding period for meat and eggs so it's excellent especially if you have a mixed flock.

Back
Top Bottom