Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

@ChookieG this is my brooder tank that I made lol

Attachments

• 8E8A8130-82C6-499A-8093-C83B565B713F.jpeg
    8E8A8130-82C6-499A-8093-C83B565B713F.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey @Sussex19! Am great! Busy now that I've got 18 buns in the oven.. day 11 now and they're still all alive.. so fingers crossed...except I made a boo boo today and accidentally cracked 1 egg but have sealed it with wax so hopefully the baby inside will pull through... How've you been?

Yeap the Chick Starter has a natural herbal based coccidiostat as well - just like the Grower feed - has no withholding period for meat and eggs so it's excellent especially if you have a mixed flock.
Thats good to hear! And exciting about the eggs, what breeds are they?
I've been great as well, and had a slight over load of broody hens! First one when broody, and I set 10 eggs under her, but had a slightly disastrous hatch, and only ended up with two chicks.
Then another one when broody, and hatched 5 chicks, and yet another one hatched 6 chicks! So that is🤔 errr 13 chicks running around!

I've been great as well, and had a slight over load of broody hens! First one when broody, and I set 10 eggs under her, but had a slightly disastrous hatch, and only ended up with two chicks.
Then another one when broody, and hatched 5 chicks, and yet another one hatched 6 chicks! So that is🤔 errr 13 chicks running around!
Lol sounds like fun… I’ve currently got 17 in the bator but only 14 look like actually hatching … 🐣🐣🐣🤞🤞🤞

It is, there's nothing better than having chicks everywhere!:wee
And I sure hope you get a really good hatch!
So do I… I love hatching… my only problem is that:
A) I’ll want to keep at least one
And
B) my 5yo daughter who is self proclaimed crazy chicken lady in training will want to keep them all (even tho she’s said she only wants to keep one..🙄🙄)

Oh just your regular EEs... am hatching a few for my friend who wants some girls for her acreage. The rest I'll try to sell/giveaway to friends...Hint Hint...@Poultry mum ... @Sussex19.. 😂

Are they all white Sussex? Yeah I heard most brooders are not very good.. but maybe they'll learn to be better mums as they get older...?

I've decided on SLWs in the end.. so I'll end up with a group of EEs and a group of SLWs.. I managed to find a SLW breeder in my suburb who's happy to sell me eggs when I'm ready to hatch in Autumn....can't wait!

Have your Maran eggs arrived yet?

Last edited:
It's awesome! 😂

But are you sure you're gonna be able to fit all 14 furballs in there??? 😂🤣😂
No… 🤣🤣
Thinking I might have to talk the other half into moving Molly (20+week old SSH) outside where she should be … then moving dumpling and biscuit to the lounge room cage and hope and pray that there’s enough room… I did have another tank I was going to convert but some bright spark (my partner) cracked it when they were emptying it … 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🙄🙄

Back
Top Bottom