Australians - Where are you all????

Hi, Favulous!
welcome-byc.gif
and the Aussie thread.
wink.png

I love the names you've given to your coops. They're great.
lau.gif

Which state are you in? Most of us are in Victoria, but I'm from SA.
lol.png

Merry Christmas! (Gee.. can't believe it's in two days' time...
th.gif
)

Thank you for the welcome!

We are in suburban Hobart, but on 50 acres, the best of both worlds.

We are both originally from SA though...came here to get away from the flies many years ago
smile.png

Gary is from Unley and I am from the mid north. I am actually trying to source some good fav eggs from over there at the moment. so I might have to pick your brains a bit later on.

Just about ready for Christmas here. I am a retired pastry chef, so I go a bit mad in the kitchen. It is all done now, so I can relax until tomorrow night when the kids come for the usual Christmas eve thing.

Prawns in the fridge, beer and wine in the esky, all's right with the world.

Welcome favulous.
Pastry chef!?!?
droolin.gif
I could do with you being at my house. ALL THE TIME
lol.png

I am just super stressed at the moment. We're going to a family thing for Christmas so I have to get the chooks all ready to be alone. Luckily we've sorted out a neighbour to check them all. I feel sorry got her
lau.gif
she's got 1 pen with about 10-15 chickens. I've got 50 in 9 pens
lol.png

It's also pouring here so I'm doing everything out in the rain. With thongs on
lol.png
because my gumboots are full of water and gross. so you can imagin the state of my feet. Dried mud in every crease and all under my nails
sickbyc.gif
(sorry for the visuals) I've got to look decent for Christmas so I'll be up all night giving myself a pedicure
roll.png
I also got my hair done yesterday, I'm getting worried that being in the rain will wreck the colour.

*sigh* I can't wait for Christmas to be over.

Ray, I see you have a GFM. Was it a surprise or did you get it yourself?

frow.gif

It was a gift from somebody, which I thought was rather touching.
big_smile.png

Not very stressful here, although work this morning has me pretty much too exhausted to do anything. Christmas I think I'm going to spend alone, but we're having people over on the 27th - I knew something was up when I saw my father start to make lists of dishes that he doesn't know how to spell.
old.gif

Favulous - Unley is where I go to school. Isn't that a coincidence.
lol.png

You're so right about the flies though, they have been using my arms as a landing strip all day.
lol.png

I'll probably be here at the State Library talking to you guys, my dad probably doing his stuff in the garden. We've always been on holiday over previous Chrissys, but this year I think they took one look at my school fees and decided we're never going to spent another unnecessary cent again.
lol.png

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Ive had a great day so far!
I got heaps of fantastic gifts. Some of them are: Case for my phone, a piano that plugs into my phone for tutorials, a memory conture pillow, some lovely jewelry, a mug, a ton of gift cards, a spooky chicken calendar, a three year subscription to backyard poultry magazine, ect.

AND A HOVABATOR WITH AN AUTO TURNER!!!!!
th.gif

It's already plugged in
cool.png
I'm just making sure it works
roll.png

We're about to have our Christmas lunch now. De-lish, I'm starved, didn't have breakfast.
I just can't believe I got a proper incubator. My current one is second hand, dints and pieces out of the foam and super cheap ($50) this one is brand spanking new. YAY.
Guess what I'm doing when I get home!?!?! Collecting hatching eggs
big_smile.png

Hi Guinea.
frow.gif

Glad you're having a good time! Some of those presents sound amazing.
celebrate.gif

Gotta love a good Christmas meal, huh? We usually have a dinner with friends somewhere between the 26th and the 30th (it's happening on Tuesday this year).

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I have two Christmas chicks and a zipper looking to join them. Have another egg, I'm still waiting for it to pip.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

guinea lucky you getting that 'bator! Now you can use the old one as a hatcher and have staggered hatches.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom