Australorp 11 weeks old

I also have an Australorp that is 11 weeks old, looks spitting image of yours, but funny thing happened, out of three chicks one just recently passed away, so we layed her on the ground so that that they could say their good buys and the mum could see her and what happened is the Australorp walked on top of her and did what a rooster would do it kept coming back every few minutes and repeating, so could this one be a Roo.
This Australorp in the first post is %100 female. If you like, you could take a photo of your Australorp and post it here, or, make another thread about it. 🙂

They were tuxedo. I believe they are blue Australorps. This is one of the two T 18 weeks sitting next to her leghorn sister.

Attachments

• 0381734A-3DAB-4F57-9A4F-568FF1A27086.jpeg
    0381734A-3DAB-4F57-9A4F-568FF1A27086.jpeg
    676.1 KB · Views: 2
Oh, gotcha. Beautiful birds. Maybe it's the lighting in that picture, she doesn't look blue to me. Where did you get them from?
I was told she was a black, at TSC, but when she was younger I was told she was blue. Either way, she’s a sweetheart. In the right lighting, she does look like she has a black “wig” - like her sister. But, she is the leader, so I think that is why she is being so aggressive to the young ones. The young ones are 8 weeks old, but I will try again around 12 weeks. They should be able to stand their ground a little better by then.😬 This is a picture of her when she was younger.

Attachments

• BC73B089-3900-486B-8596-2FCF0E425DD7.jpeg
    BC73B089-3900-486B-8596-2FCF0E425DD7.jpeg
    887.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I was told she was a black, at TSC, but when she was younger I was told she was blue. Either way, she’s a sweetheart. In the right lighting, she does look like she has a black “wig” - like her sister. But, she is the leader, so I think that is why she is being so aggressive to the young ones. The young ones are 8 weeks old, but I will try again around 12 weeks. They should be able to stand their ground a little better by then.😬 This is a picture of her when she was younger.
Oh wow, that is interesting. I see it in the baby picture absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom