Australorp not laying ng yet

Brenda leigh

Chirping
Feb 23, 2021
I got two austrolorps, one black one blue 6 1/2 mo ago. The black one started last by two weeks ago the blue one , not yet. They r healthy and r in a small flock with two mature Buffs and my Roo. Is this normal for an austrolorps??

There can be wide variations in starting to lay. It can be influenced by breed, genetics, and individual development. Some hens take much longer to start laying than others, even in the same breed. As long as she's acting normally, I wouldn't worry, just give her some more time. If her comb and wattles are reddening up, then it's probably not too far off. Did you get them as chicks? So they are 6 1/2 months old?

Yes I got them at 3 days old they r 61/2 mo. She is red waddled and combed BEAUTIFUL healthy girls. I've been " chickening" for 14 yrs ,me er had austrolorps. We r having a warm November spell here in Indiana , so hope she lays soon
THANKS!

Australorps are really nice birds, very nice temperaments. She's in the range when they usually start laying, so it probably won't be too long.

Back
Top Bottom