Australorp x Cream Legbar?

I was surprised, when she had her last baby molt all the brown molted out. Her coloring is exactly the same as the Australorps. She just has the crest and her comb looks more like a CCL. Hopefully the eggs will be bigger! I think hers will be, this was her first and it was almost a medium when I weighed it.

That's good, then! I'm breeding my CCLB hen to my White NN roo now. I kept a pullet chick from my last hatch from that match that had the Nn in it. The chick is white with scattered black in feathering, but the crest is starting to show up. I'm growing her out, but have 4 more of those eggs in the incubator now.

@BlueBaby she has laid a pretty green egg the past 3 days! :fl She lays as well as the Australorps!

Good, I was hoping to hear that! I have 2 pullets that the daddy was the CCLB, and the mother was a Splash Australorp, and I caught one of those girls laying in one of the nesting places this late afternoon. No egg from those 2 yet, but my 3 white Breese girls started laying eggs a couple of week ago.

Back
Top Bottom