Australorps breed Thread

G'day Chester,

I've emailed Maggie and I'll approach the Australorp Club in Australia here for some sashes for the new club in the USA for their first show. I can't promise if they'll do it, but I'll sure as hell try.

Regards,

Ross
Excellent Ross, Im sure it would be so much appreciated to have you folks show such positive affections toward us here in the States!
Your the Man! Cheers!

Hi all...I've got 10 Australorp chicks that are now 10-days old. They're starting to get their wing and tail feathers in. A number of them have white ends on their wing feathers. Is this normal? Do they molt and come in all black? This is my first batch of chicks and first of this breed.

When they arrived, they were black fuzz on top with yellow bellies (here's a pic, ignore the brown ones, I've got a few EE's too)...will they feather out all black? Is there any real way to know?

Thanks.
Dawn

Dawn,
They will lose the white feathers as they go thru their juvenile molts for the next year if they are of decent quality and purebred BA's. Go to my profile album and check out the pics of BA's as they grow every two weeks. It shows you how to recognize cockerels from pullets around 5 to six weeks.
If you click on the pics they will enlarge.
Kurt

Kurt,
    You have done a very nice job of raising that bunch! They certainly look like they have filled out well. I have already made my pic.. I like the cockerel in the background of the last 2 pics, and in the center of the top pic. ........stan

I agree..he has a ton of presence ..fantastic young one..can't wait to see how they all finish..

And Yep..he has an heir and a spare and a spare.:lol:

Last edited:
Dees,
The problem with not picking the white face is that the other two were totally black in the face and were cockerels and the white faced cockerel turned totally black!!!???
barnie.gif
Another theory bites the dust. lol Did not know they were chameleons. ~Dee~

Back
Top Bottom