Australorps breed Thread

GWA,
If that were possible we would all be doing it. Vent sexing is about the only way and you need alot of experience. Do a search on vent sexing, but be careful. It takes me about 5 to 6 weeks to be pretty sure with BA's. If you check out my profile you can see the different development from day olds and then every two weeks. I will be posting 8 week olds today. Check out my picture album for details when you blow them up.
Kurt
Thanks Kurt! I just wasn't sure if there was a physical way, but you have confirmed it! I thought I read somewhere about the legs/ feet pink to black ratio as chicks but I can't remember where I read it. And you have some fine looking birds!

I am not gonna Covet your BA's..............................................................

But I sure wish I had some just like them!! Maybe 2 cockerals & 3 pullets
wink.png

Dan

Hey y'all,
The TigerCreek 5 are now 8 weeks old and ready for their photo shoot! You can definitely see the 3 cockerels now and the 2 pullets. I don't remember who won the pool, but it was not me.

Stan,
They turned out to be little fatties didn't they. I really like their type already even though they are young. The pullets look as nice as the cockerels too. I am going to let your cockerels grow up together with my Urch line cockerels and see how they compare. Out of the 3 of yours, the one you like has 6 points on his comb and the other 2 have 4 points. They have a lot of growing to do before I make my pick. I have already had offers on the Tigercreek 5 and they ain't for sale! It looks like I will have about 10 cockerels to choose from next year for breeding, all I have to do is keep them buggers from fighting! The rest will get eaten or sold.
Kurt

Does anybody have a picture of a show quaility Black Australorp? I would like to compare mine to one. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom