Australorps breed Thread

I hope you get some more to go with him Dan, but he is a fat little boy!!....stan
So, You have already dubbed him a boy? Whatever is fine with me. I am happy to have one. Candled and eggtopsied the last 2 eggs in the 1st group tonight and one was an early quitter and one a late quitter. That is frustrating! If he gets company it will be out of the eggs due to hatch on June 6th or 7th. I am sure I will be trying more of those eggs again in the fall, along with Hupp Farm eggs

Ok. So I watched this video about feather sexing chicks at a day (or 2) old.
. Then I wrote to McMurray's Hatchery and asked them what breeds they used feather sexing on. This is the response I got from them.

Dear Becky

The following breeds may be feather sexed:

Araucana
Buff Orpington
Rhode Island
Black Giant
Dark Cornish
Silver Laced Wyandotte
White Rock,
Buff Minorca
Turkens
Black Minorca
Single Comb Leghorn
Black Australorp
New Hampshire
Pearl Whites

-------------------------------------------------------------
Sincerely,
Murray McMurray Hatchery

So, watch the video and see how it is done. They show some great photos that you can learn from! Hope this helps us all!

This is a picture of my dads Black Australops mingling with his red chickens. They are sassy chickens. Unfortunately, he has to get rid of his little herd because he is no longer able to care for them.

This is a picture of my dads Black Australops mingling with his red chickens. They are sassy chickens. Unfortunately, he has to get rid of his little herd because he is no longer able to care for them.

I am sorry he can't keep them. Are you going to take them?

Back
Top Bottom