Australorps breed Thread

Echo was pretty noisy today. In the end I think it was because she figured Zia was hogging the nest box *. After Zia left, Echo went in. She sat there for awhile but no egg.
But she was NOTHING like Anais (Faverolle). I don't know how many times I told that girl to shut her beak. She finally went and laid an egg so maybe she was just telling me:
"I'm going to go lay an egg in about an hour", "I'm going to go lay an egg in about 59 minutes", "I'm going to go lay an egg in about 58 minutes".......

* 4' long enclosed community nest box, easily room for 4 chickens. So what is the big deal??

Bruce

A picture from the side would be nice, from the birds angle too, not from above. Seems a bit fluffy from above and maybe has a bunny tail. Hard to tell from above on leg length.

Rachel,
Get them directly from Duane Urch in Minn. There are other people trying to sell his eggs lately but they are questionable quality. Deal with him directly and you will not be disappointed. There is no such thing as Show Quality Eggs!!!

I have a 3 month old austrolorp or so I thought that's what I bought.
She is much larger than the other two chickens purchased at the same time.
Her waddle and comb are turning redder than the other girls.
I have noticed she has yellow on the bottoms of both feet.
I have read somewhere on this forum that Jersey Giants have yellow
on the bottom of their feet. I can send a picture if necessary.
She really resembles most of the chickens on this site other than
the yellow under part of her feet. Thanks for your feedback :>

I have a 3 month old austrolorp or so I thought that's what I bought.
She is much larger than the other two chickens purchased at the same time.
Her waddle and comb are turning redder than the other girls.
I have noticed she has yellow on the bottoms of both feet.
I have read somewhere on this forum that Jersey Giants have yellow
on the bottom of their feet. I can send a picture if necessary.
She really resembles most of the chickens on this site other than
the yellow under part of her feet. Thanks for your feedback :>
It is hard to say. Jerseys grow bigger but not necessarily faster.

Pleas postpictures!

Between Black Orps, Jersey Giants and Black Australorps it is almost impossible to tell the difference when they are young. If they do infact have yellow soles on the bottom of their feet they are mixed or jersey Giants. Orps and BA's have pinkish white soles on their feet. Also, if their combs and waddles are red at just 12 weeks they could infact be cockerels. My BA pullets are never red at that age.

Back
Top Bottom