Australorps breed Thread

hi wondering what u all think of this girl as breeding prospect thanks

Gorgeous! can you get more shots? nice side pic , front ... Looks like my kind of hen..not SOP tail but I love these ayway.. If it were me, I wouldnt give it a second thought...I like what I like..and fluffy yes but that can be fixed in generations gonna make some super nice cockerals looks like but need more pics..

Last edited:
Rachel,
Get them directly from Duane Urch in Minn. There are other people trying to sell his eggs lately but they are questionable quality. Deal with him directly and you will not be disappointed. There is no such thing as Show Quality Eggs!!!
Thanks you RRWV! I was hoping to see some pics of their birds, but their reputation precedes them. No one has anything but good to say about them.
I got their price list from Phyllis this past week. I am going to order eggs from them this spring (I have an excellent broody, and I am going to let her hatch them).
I am not interested in showing, but would like to move away from hatchery mutt BAs to real, pure ones. I love and appreciate the breed so much. it would be nice to have a nice, sustainable flock of this beautiful and so very useful breed.
Thanks again.

Yay
big_smile.png
An australorp thread!

A couple of my boys strutting their stuff.

And my group
smile.png

WOO- HOO! I CAN GO GET AN AUSTRALORP FOR CHRISTMAS!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

I was wondering.. how would you wrap a chick??
Congrats!!!! and I would put it in the brooder until you're ready to give it then put it in a small box with holes give it immediately then put it back in the brooder. That's what I would do lol. i think it takes a lot of thought
hu.gif
cause the little chicky has to stay warm. Good luck!!! Australorps are great chickens
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom