Australorps breed Thread

Those are great shots of your healthy looking chicks Ron. Imagine some clever folks could come up with some pretty witty talking bubbles with those first two shots especially. lol That first shot the little guy almost looks like he is saying "show off" to the big guy stretching out. hee hee. The second pic that chick is saying "you talking to me" or something. Well, I'm not so clever but the pics are delightful. You are doing a great job with them as they do look marvelous. Have fun and look forward to your vid. ~Dee~

Ron, Kurt Nice Pics! I drove over 4 hours to pickup my 20 BA chicks. They were hatched this morning at 2am and are in the Brooder here. They don't seem real active, but hopefully a days rest in comfort will help them get to truckin on the hard road!

Dan

Ron, Kurt Nice Pics! I drove over 4 hours to pickup my 20 BA chicks. They were hatched this morning at 2am and are in the Brooder here. They don't seem real active, but hopefully a days rest in comfort will help them get to truckin on the hard road!

Dan

pop.gif
Pictures Please! (after they are rested....)

Last edited:
Those are great shots of your healthy looking chicks Ron. Imagine some clever folks could come up with some pretty witty talking bubbles with those first two shots especially. lol That first shot the little guy almost looks like he is saying "show off" to the big guy stretching out. hee hee. The second pic that chick is saying "you talking to me" or something. Well, I'm not so clever but the pics are delightful. You are doing a great job with them as they do look marvelous. Have fun and look forward to your vid. ~Dee~
I had to upload the video again. Something happened to the first one and it did not convert.

Blue, Black Australorps and Two Black Penedesencas Outside for the first time. The Penes are the little ones:

Last edited:
Are you ready for some new pics? The Tigercreek 4 are 14 weeks old, and the Hupp 6 are 4 weeks old. The Hupp 6 are blue and splash Australorps and are very, very, rare. Any guesses on gender of the Hupp 6?
Kurt

Hope you are wishing for cockerels!! I see one light blue pullet, and maybe one splash pullet. I see 4 males, one female, and 1 that I am going to guess is a female --4+2 ...stan

Quote:Originally Posted by ronott1

I has to upload the video again. Something happened to the first one and it did not convert.

Blue, Black Australorps and Two Black Penedesencas Outside for the first time. The Penes are the little ones:

OMG! Your BA's look so amazing. I cannot wait to see them fully developed. So funny that those Penes look so teeny next to the BAs. I can see why you had concerns. MY DH and I enjoyed your vid very much and we were happy our watch dogs just slept through it. I played it 3 or 4 times with the speaker turned up. That is a good sign. They must remember the sound of chicks from almost three years ago. So hoping when I get my BA chicks this Friday they should not be bothered by it. I would hate them barking their heads off. What kind of welcome would that be for my chicks? lol I am keeping them in my office safely tucked away though so no worries. Hope they don't dust up the place to badly before I move them out though. lol ~Dee~

Dan
thumbsup.gif
~Dee~

Hi folks,
as promised, a few pics of one of the girls I'm gunna breed from. Lousy pics as I'm no photographer and the bloody chook's camera shy! Seriously, she'll eat out of my hand but you might as well point a gun at her as a camera. Couldn't get her to pose side-on, only got foreshortened views so she looks shorter in the back than she really is. Some might remember that I had 2 breeding aims last year. The first was to get tighter thigh feathering. Pretty naieve considering I wasn't using Ray Conner's necessary "extremely tight feathered" boy. Can't say I've come across one in my travels. The second aim was to get more back curve. I think I've had a bit more success here. As the Newell bird in my avatar is my pin-up BA, I wanted some of that blood. Wrong time of year as Brian and others with his blood had finished culling. Finally got hold of Derrick who had been rejected in favor of a bigger bird. He certainly has back curve, if a bit short for my taste. A lot of the girls I was seeing in shows and breeders' yards seemed a bit flat in the back, once again, only to my taste. The Bragg girls I got to put with Derrick were this way, so I hoped, once again a bit naievely given conformation is more female influenced, that they might 'even up'. I'm not unhappy with this girl. I have about 6 more, younger girls that are developing ok, so fingers crossed I'll have a few breeders for the future. Got the cockerel count down to 14 with only a few real contenders. My boys are really slow to fully develop neck hackles so they look a bit unco.at the moment. Please feel free to comment honestly on this girl. I'm not fragile and only breed for personal pleasure and challenge.
Cheers Geoff from Aus

absolutely beautiful chooks....gorgeous colouring. we only have 2 brown lohmans and 2 white silky bantams. when we were chook hunting all we could find around our neck of the woods (Ipswich QLD) were those 2 breeds. but 1 of the BL's must be moulting currently because she is bullying the silky's :(

Back
Top Bottom