Australorps breed Thread

pop.gif
Pictures Please! (after they are rested....)
Ron, Will try to get some pics in the morning when I am cleaning out the brooder.

Dan

congratulations Dan!
Thanks John! I have a start. These are from Bob Gilberts birds, half of them are from a Roo from Doug Akers, and both their birds go back to Kirk Keene's BA's.
I have a couple dozen eggs coming from 2 different sources next week. That will give me plenty to work with for years to come. I have one more dozen eggs I will be hatching from the SW. It is exciting!

Thanks John! I have a start. These are from Bob Gilberts birds, half of them are from a Roo from Doug Akers, and both their birds go back to Kirk Keene's BA's.
I have a couple dozen eggs coming from 2 different sources next week. That will give me plenty to work with for years to come. I have one more dozen eggs I will be hatching from the SW. It is exciting!
I am excited also, it is amazing watching the Duane Urch BAs growth rate. I don't know Gilbert, Akers or Keene yet but I will find out more and more as I study these amazing creatures and those people that have cared for them. How many breeding pens are you planning for the BA lines?

at the two week point My Urch BA chicks are larger than the buckeye or silver penciled wyandotte
Is this normal difference between these three breeds, or are Mr. Urch's BA line that much better than his other breeds?
Just picked up my chicks today. Urch sent me 7 red naked necks, like 12-14 BA, and 4-5 red chicks that were supposed to be NN but the NN gene wasn't dominate in them. He told me to keep the females cause they may carry NN gene. Not to sure what to think of the BA cause there a new breed I am trying out.

I am excited also, it is amazing watching the Duane Urch BAs growth rate. I don't know Gilbert, Akers or Keene yet but I will find out more and more as I study these amazing creatures and those people that have cared for them. How many breeding pens are you planning for the BA lines?
I will have 5 different groups of BA's some will be related with different outcrosses. I hope to try a few combinations on breeding until I find what works best.

Dan

Just picked up my chicks today. Urch sent me 7 red naked necks, like 12-14 BA, and 4-5 red chicks that were supposed to be NN but the NN gene wasn't dominate in them. He told me to keep the females cause they may carry NN gene. Not to sure what to think of the BA cause there a new breed I am trying out.
I am glad you finally got your chicks, sorry you have less than you wanted of the NN. I have been impressed with the growth rate of the BA when compared to Silver penciled wyandotte and buckeye. Hope the BA win a place in your heart like they have mine.

Ninja

Elphaba

Elphaba

Ninja is in front and Elphaba is in the back

Elphaba

Elphaba again.
My chicks are 6 weeks old now. Do they look like pullets? I'm mostly concerned with Elphaba.
(I apologize for the bad image quality.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom