Australorps breed Thread

I for one am very happy that it is warming up. We are up to 43• already and loving it. The ducks are out side having a ball. I plan on filling a kiddy pool for them today to play in.

Lynne, It was in the 30's here this morning and we had a hard frost. I told someone a couple of weeks ago I was not going to complain about the cool weather after the summer we had last year.
 I will take one of these any day versus a 100F plus day.

Dan

That is true. Dan..the heat is rough on everyone..it was cool all summer there last year..had a lot of vacationers from the south..I think this is going to be a great year for fruit trees..they didn't bud out too early for a change

Dan , hope you post pics of the new tigercreek babies ans keep us posted on thier progress..Awsome flock!
Lynne, I plan on posting pics of the Gilbert #4 pen every 2 weeks. I will also do the same on the Tigercreek & Hipps BA's if I am lucky enough to hatch any. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Anything from each line will be a start.

Dan

My Awesome Threesome is finally here!
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

You cannot know how happy I am after all my waiting. They are eating and drinking like good little chickies which makes me very happy too. I will post better pictures later on. I didn't want to stress them much their first day home. I just could not wait to share with you all though. Smiling! ~Dee~

My Awesome Threesome is finally here!
wee.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

You cannot know how happy I am after all my waiting. They are eating and drinking like good little chickies which makes me very happy too. I will post better pictures later on. I didn't want to stress them much their first day home. I just could not wait to share with you all though. Smiling! ~Dee~

woot.gif

I am so happy for you!

Lynne, I plan on posting pics of the Gilbert #4 pen every 2 weeks. I will also do the same on the Tigercreek & Hipps BA's if I am lucky enough to hatch any. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Anything from each line will be a start.

Dan
fingers crossed for you
fl.gif
....i have gotten 100 % out of lot of shipments, then in others 1 or 2... first batch of orps i got this year looked like pop corn popping...they were hatching like crazy...next batch, not so good ,post office broke 1/2 of the eggs in shipment the rest were milk shakes...one poor egg tried to fight it out but couldnt...so its a gamble but so worth it.last year received a shipment, lots of broken in that box ,thought ,well....this isnt going to go well..but every one of the surviving eggs hatched..had to let the air cells heal straight up for 8 days..but it worked..have had lots of good luck with the medishippers thou they can make a cocktail out of them too once in a while..dont give up ,thats the trick..get a lot of nice birds that way...

Back
Top Bottom