Australorps breed Thread

My BA roosters make me so upset! I am getting rid of them as fast as I can! I don't understand why they are so mean to my pullets that are 4 months old. And they pick on the hens like they are trying to kill them. My BL rooster does not treat the hens like this! I only have 3 BA roos to go!
G'day,
First of all why are you running virile young males with 4 month old pullets and females? You really need to separate them. A batch of young males are competing for the female's attention. That is why they are being aggressive. I strongly suggest you reconsider your fowls housing situation. Running a batch of cockerels with females is fraught with disaster.
Regards,
Ross

Thanks Again Ross! Your generosity is Very much Appreciated!! I am sure Lynne will see this post.

Dan
G'day Dan,

Once you guys get the payment arrangements sorted out with Joy and she contacts me, please message me with the names that you want Ray to sign and acknowledge on his books.

So far I believe you have three, or possibly four books, required ? Is this correct?

I believe that Joy has already arranged to have the books sent to me, she is just waiting on conformation payment.

Regards,

Ross

G'day,
First of all why are you running virile young males with 4 month old pullets and females? You really need to separate them. A batch of young males are competing for the female's attention. That is why they are being aggressive. I strongly suggest you reconsider your fowls housing situation. Running a batch of cockerels with females is fraught with disaster.
Regards,
Ross
Thank you Ross! We should have had the rooster part of the coop and run done by now. Hope to get it done soon! Thanks

G'day Dan,

Once you guys get the payment arrangements sorted out with Joy and she contacts me, please message me with the names that you want Ray to sign and acknowledge on his books.

So far I believe you have three, or possibly four books, required ? Is this correct?

I believe that Joy has already arranged to have the books sent to me, she is just waiting on conformation payment.

Regards,

Ross

so far we have 3 books .. for , Lynne, Dan and Kurt...we are just waiting to hear back, I just checked email , nothingyet....I will try to contact her today with payment arrangements and shipping to you...let me know what we owe you for shipping to US..this is very generous Ross..you are going way out of your way for us..I was looking for US dollar amount to send..its international MO , just need conversion so I send correct amount.

Hi! Have a question about my Australorp: I have 3 and 2 have combs and waddles that are very red, but other than that, they are all exactly alike. One makes funny sounds...almost as if she's barking. It's not a cluck nor a cockle doodle doo but a bark. Here's her picture I don't think she's a roo and she's 15 weeks old. Any comment or feedback would be great!

A lot of people describe the Aussie noise as a goose honk!! ...stan
Hi! Have a question about my Australorp: I have 3 and 2 have combs and waddles that are very red, but other than that, they are all exactly alike. One makes funny sounds...almost as if she's barking. It's not a cluck nor a cockle doodle doo but a bark. Here's her picture I don't think she's a roo and she's 15 weeks old. Any comment or feedback would be great!

My BA roosters make me so upset! I am getting rid of them as fast as I can! I don't understand why they are so mean to my pullets that are 4 months old. And they pick on the hens like they are trying to kill them. My BL rooster does not treat the hens like this! I only have 3 BA roos to go!

Are your Pullets & hens Australorps also ? or ? My Ba Roo only picks on the white chickens ...We only had one at first now we have 3 .
Every once in a while he will nail her ...Like at treat time ..
Im giving them bread crumbs or seed ...if she gets too close to him ..he gives her a hard peck .If I am not watchng or my back is turned
If she stays close to me or am watching he wont peck her ..occasionally he will peck the other 2 teens that are 4 1/2 months old -
He doesnt pick on the brown ones ( I have comets & a RIR )

so far we have 3 books .. for , Lynne, Dan and Kurt...we are just waiting to hear back, I just checked email , nothingyet....I will try to contact her today with payment arrangements and shipping to you...let me know what we owe you for shipping to US..this is very generous Ross..you are going way out of your way for us..I was looking for US dollar amount to send..its international MO , just need conversion so I send correct amount.

G'day Lynne, Dan and Kurt,

All you guys have to do is get the books sorted out with Joy Howe. Don't worry about the postage from Australia to the USA as that is our treat. I had lunch with Ray today at a show and he and I are happy to do that. Our treat.
The air-mail fees compared to the USA are very inexpensive.
What you all will have to do is email me individually with your postal addresses so I can redirect the books. That way you will get them faster.

Ross

This is a picture snapped today of two rather old Aussie Australorp breeders with our combined Champion Pullet. Ray has just turned 90.
You will recognise the photograph in the frame.

Back
Top Bottom