Australorps breed Thread

She (Evelyn) is very smart. She greets me at the coop window each morning kind of looking at me like I'm late to let her and the other babies out. I have a Golden Laced Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, and Golden Comet as well. She is very friendly and loves to eat from my hand. She will even peck gently at my hand if it is empty and she thinks it shouldn't be. She is clearly the leader of bunch, but not bossy. They just follow her lead. I love her little penguin face and it will be kind of sad when it goes. Is that "amazing" enough Ron?
smile.png
I honestly never thought I would enjoy my girls so much.

She (Evelyn) is very smart. She greets me at the coop window each morning kind of looking at me like I'm late to let her and the other babies out. I have a Golden Laced Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, and Golden Comet as well. She is very friendly and loves to eat from my hand. She will even peck gently at my hand if it is empty and she thinks it shouldn't be. She is clearly the leader of bunch, but not bossy. They just follow her lead. I love her little penguin face and it will be kind of sad when it goes. Is that "amazing" enough Ron?
smile.png
I honestly never thought I would enjoy my girls so much.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Mama,
That is one spoiled baby there! Evelyn will have a few juvenile molts and all the white fuzz and feathers will disappear. She will then be a shiney black with a green sheen spoiled EVELYN!!! LOL
Kurt

I have to hand it to my Australorps...they live up to their reputation for being outstanding layers. Even in 110+ temps and humidity at 42% these girls just laugh it all off and have each continued to give me large eggs almost daily. One of my Aussie girls, Lulu, will lay more than 20 days straight before taking a day off and so far set the record here on my "farm" by laying 42 days straight without a break in the late spring. The few people I know in my area who also keep chickens have been buying eggs from me because their girls of other breeds stopped laying weeks ago. What amazing birds!

I have to hand it to my Australorps...they live up to their reputation for being outstanding layers. Even in 110+ temps and humidity at 42% these girls just laugh it all off and have each continued to give me large eggs almost daily. One of my Aussie girls, Lulu, will lay more than 20 days straight before taking a day off and so far set the record here on my "farm" by laying 42 days straight without a break in the late spring. The few people I know in my area who also keep chickens have been buying eggs from me because their girls of other breeds stopped laying weeks ago. What amazing birds!
They do very well in the heat!

A lot of breeds from colder places will not lay egg if it gets over 80.

thumbsup.gif
If you don't mind me asking, what do you charge per dozen?

Back
Top Bottom