Australorps breed Thread

I am soooo excited! I am getting my BA chick in May... the suspense is killing me! I can't wait to get her and I'll share some sweet little pics when she is home.

Last edited:
I am soooo excited!  I am getting my BA chick in May... the suspense is killing me!  I can't wait to get her and I'll share some sweet little pics when she is home.
Why do you have to wait so long? I also hope you get more than one chick since they are very social animals. They do not do well alone.

Why do you have to wait so long? I also hope you get more than one chick since they are very social animals. They do not do well alone.
The BA order date changed and now they won't have them available until May. I'll be getting her with a Light Brahma chick as well, and then possibly another. We'll have five 8 week old pullets out in the coop by then, so she'll be in good company.

If you can get 2 BA s ...they will have company ...flock together

I agree... now to convince the hubs... ;)
goodpost.gif

oh..okay .. I thought Aust cattle dogs were shepards . Ive wanted a Heeler for a while... but not on my budget I guess

Unfortunately, they can be had for very little at many Animal Shelters/pounds. I have two that money couldn't buy. I think the ACD/Heeler is without doubt, the smartest breed of all....sometimes too smart for their own good.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom