Australorps breed Thread

Took a few pics yesterday with the camera, but haven't transferred them from the camera to computer yet. Hubby has to do that. I hope he will do it tonight after he gets home from work. The new pullets that I bought today aren't in them. It keeps trying to rain here, so I'm waiting for another nice day to get those new ones, too.

Took a few pics yesterday with the camera, but haven't transferred them from the camera to computer yet. Hubby has to do that. I hope he will do it tonight after he gets home from work. The new pullets that I bought today aren't in them. It keeps trying to rain here, so I'm waiting for another nice day to get those new ones, too.

Got it! These are my 3 Kurt's line ones that I had hatched out back in April. They look a little yellowish in spots from going in and out from under the misters. The splash male's name is Flash, the splash female is named Precious, and the blue females name is Zhane.

900x900px-LL-e07c29f6_Flash-Precious-Zhane.png

Last edited:
Wahoo!! Black austrolorp finally laid an egg (yesterday) and she's laying another one today. Very pretty and light brown peewee egg. Shes been looking and acting like she's going to lay now for a wk. We have 6 Black Australorp total all 21 weeks.

My Aussies eggs are about the middle colour (Australian line) Definatly not the darker brown. And yes they are purebred (the breeder has her birds used as an example on the Australorp Club of Australia website).

My Aussies eggs are about the middle colour (Australian line) Definatly not the darker brown. And yes they are purebred (the breeder has her birds used as an example on the Australorp Club of Australia website).

The pic makes the darker egg darker than usual! Mine arent very dark at all!

Here is my black austrolop hen with her two adopted babies. She was broody 2-1/2 monthes before I caved and got her babies.
Um WHAT white egg on the left? I had 2 Anconas, now 1 and they lay as white as a white egg can get. No brown unless it is dirt. I have 4 BAs and get all of the three colors shown in the picture. Yes USUALLY Large to XL, sometimes bigger. My now 4 Y/O BA has, on occasion, laid an egg that was nearly twice the weight of a USDA large. Can't be good for her and I told her to stop
wink.png

Um WHAT white egg on the left? I had 2 Anconas, now 1 and they lay as white as a white egg can get. No brown unless it is dirt. I have 4 BAs and get all of the three colors shown in the picture. Yes USUALLY Large to XL, sometimes bigger. My now 4 Y/O BA has, on occasion, laid an egg that was nearly twice the weight of a USDA large. Can't be good for her and I told her to stop ;)  

The photo does really make all the eggs look a whole lot darker... she lays a really white egg!

Back
Top Bottom