Australorps breed Thread

Speaking of hatching out eggs, I just put 9 eggs from my flock in my incubator and will add any eggs that I gather from them tomorrow in it. My incubator is in a spare bedroom that we only use for storage and my hatching addiction. :lau If all goes well, I should be looking at a July 17th hatch. Yes, my brooder is in the house too, and it sits right under my incubator. My young pretty Blue Australorp rooster has been busy with his 5 girls as even the splash hen isn't broody anymore and has gone back to normal.

Wishing you a great hatch, and that you get the gender, and number you want.

My 15 week Australorp cockeral is starting to crow....it's the cutest thing ever!
19511612_1528430977228861_2077818678839677515_n.jpg

Are your birds a good weight? I have a couple black pullets I might be willing to trade but they're Privett birds.

The first flock that I had was the Australorp's from Pivettes. Then I got the breeder ones, and sold the hatchery ones. Those now are living next door to me. The breeder ones are bigger than those ones. I only have the breeder type here now.

The first flock that I had was the Australorp's from Pivettes. Then I got the breeder ones, and sold the hatchery ones. Those now are living next door to me. The breeder ones are bigger than those ones. I only have the breeder type here now.
I figured. The blue pullet that came with my Privett birds and one cockerel that I'm pretty sure is carrying the blue but is coming out mostly black, they are both bigger than the rest. All the rest of the black cockerels are maturing faster than the one, too, and he's got a different personality. He's not flinchy like the rest.
I really want to just focus on NN's, but it's so difficult when there's other breeds I really like, like the Australorps.

Back
Top Bottom