Australorps breed Thread

I think if it were me I would just get some Whitings True Blues... although I don't think they have the muffs, but that wouldn't be hard to breed back in I don't think. Depends on whether you want to show them or just are breeding for your own personal preferences.

I think if it were me I would just get some Whitings True Blues... although I don't think they have the muffs, but that wouldn't be hard to breed back in I don't think. Depends on whether you want to show them or just are breeding for your own personal preferences.

I've never heard of the True Blues. I'm not going to show, just for my personal flock. If I could get them to breed true, might be a niche for them.

I had another Blue Australorp chick hatch out yesterday evening, and there's another chick hatching out today so far. The second chick look's like it might be a black one.

Wait a minute, you said BLUE AUSTRALORP? I've been out of chicken keeping about 6 yrs, but a Blue? Crap. lol I love Australorps, now I'm gonna have to see about Blues. It was so easy when it was just the Blacks.

Yes, Blue Australorps. I have the breeders type of them in the B/B/S (Black, Blue, and Splash colors). The 2nd chick has dried off enough now to see that is is a darker Blue than the first one is. The Blues come in different shades of Blue. The rooster shown in my avatar picture here is a Splash Australorp, and he is the grand-daddy to my currently hatching chicks. :)

Back
Top Bottom