Australorps breed Thread

They do not always have feathered feet. You will know more when she is older. Some hatchery BAs will have yellow legs that go white. Also, JGs should have white legs and pink soles.

You might have a weird hybrid
Nope, BA's will have grey/slate legs and pink soles. JG chicks will have yellow legs and soles. The legs turn black, the soles may or may not change.

Hello everyone. I got this chick from my local Big R and nobody knows what breed. I was wondering if she could be a BA. One pic when she was a week old and one at 2 weeks old and current 3 week old pic.View attachment 1525443View attachment 1525444View attachment 1525445
That bird is carrying mottling. Maybe check see what hatchery they are getting their chicks from and look up what mottled breeds that hatchery sells... It almost looks like an accidental cross breed as it looks like it's only carrying one copy of the mottling gene.

That bird is carrying mottling. Maybe check see what hatchery they are getting their chicks from and look up what mottled breeds that hatchery sells... It almost looks like an accidental cross breed as it looks like it's only carrying one copy of the mottling gene.
did ask and nobody would tell me. They couldn't even tell me exactly how old they are. I also got 3 others at the same time and don't know what they are. It was the Big R in Pueblo Colorado. The guy who sold me them must have down syndrome and I didn't want to be rude and ask for someone else. I did go back the next day and asked someone else and they just said they don't know to all my questions. There was no signs or anything. I even called them after that and tried to get answers. Nothing
360C9028-7548-46BD-90F4-3D5AE2B565C2.jpeg
2D7DCF2E-6D2D-43BD-A3E4-CD4E50809BB1.jpeg
61A41D3A-2599-49A2-BE4D-C08FAF04DC18.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom