Australorps breed Thread

i set 8 blue/black/splash eggs this morning, and some chicks out of these eggs may be ressicvie for lavender... she has her one and only lavender 'lorp hen in this pen or they may even come out lavender not shure
smile.png

well thanks for starting this thread call ducks.. I was going to but have been called in to work a lot latley so hadnt had time. I have to say we had tears of laughter over the hen trying to stuff the 3 mo olds under her, we have had that happen many times over the years.. too funny. they are good mommies for sure!

Here is one of my hens . I will show this hen this year. this one is matilda
35675_john_cabin_pics_277.jpg

Dundee the rooster
35675_john_cabin_pics_185.jpg

out roaming the yard from the breeding pen
35675_john_cabin_pics_263.jpg

35675_john_cabin_pics_262.jpg

In the main chicken coop
35675_john_cabin_pics_174.jpg

this is a matilda baby
35675_john_cabin_pics_254.jpg

Last edited:
its interesting reading this, i'm from OZ the land of the australorp and they look a lot different over here, one thing i notested is the large tails in the over seas birds, here that be a fault. at the moment i only keep bantam australorps but will be getting some large utility birds soon, i'll try get some pics up to compare them.

regards

youri.

The Aussies are very easy to handle! Mine will go into their tractor after being out simply by herding them a bit. They are easy to tame and follow me around. If I sit on the lawn, they roost on me!
group02.jpg

Hi all1 I am getting 3 BA chicks next week!! Do they get along well with other breeds? Specifically BR's and BO's. I have read that they are very friendly with people, just wondering about other chickens.

Back
Top Bottom