Australorps pickings on buffs why?

karlamaria

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Western montana
All my chickens are raised and the same ages, but now there picking on the other breed. I have 3 aus, and 2 buff o and this week there even trying to keep the buffs from eating pecking them hard in the face and head. What's up? There turning 20 weeks and since the one
Australorps is looking like she will be laying soon she has become super aggressive more then the other 2 lorps. Any thing I can do to knock down the aggression, it's not in the coop, it's out in the open yard. A few nights ago she refused to let one buff on the roost

You might try chicken jail for the agressive one . A few days seperated from the rest of the flock and she will loose her place in the pecking order and be the new kid, this often results in a whole new attitude as she trys to fit back into the flock.

chicken jail, she deserved it, she had all the astralorps chasing the poor buffs and would not let them eat. she is in jail for a few days ! the other two stopped it and are doing fine now, but I have another cage sitting beside that one just in case. there all looking at the cage and the bird in it:lau l let them learn a lesson to!
mggcO.jpg

bvrKl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom