australorps ?

hendersonrph

Chirping
Jan 28, 2012
I rencently bought what I thought was a black australorp hen but some one told it wasnt because it feathers on its legs. but its black with the greenish tint on its back. any sugguestion on what it might be????

The australorp will be black without feathers on the legs or toes. Should have a single comb with black eyes.

Sounds like it's mixed with a cochen.

X 2 , Cochin or possibly some Marams they also have some feathers on their feet and leggs.
smile.png

hello from central ms again!!!!! so would it lay a brown or white egg?? I have coco murans and buff rocks and americanuans and white barhams and a domoinicer and so kind of game hen dont no how to tell what breed thay are and this black hen. and been geting brown eggs. but got a white one yesterday.which one would it be?????

Black Langshans are a tall black bird with lightly feathered legs. They lay a brown egg and have a single comb.

All black birds have greenish sheen. Even the black parts of other colors (partridge, penciling) can have sheen. Pics will help a lot. There is NO way of telling what your bird is without pictures.

Back
Top Bottom