Autism and pesticieds!

I don't see why it couldnt' be linked

Neither do I, the point I was making to the OP is that it hasn't been linked to autism and sensationalism does nothing to help in the understanding of the condition.​

I was making to the OP is that it hasn't been linked to autism and sensationalism does nothing to help in the understanding of the condition.

Exactly. And we already get enough sensationalism from celebritards like Jenny McCarthy​

I think it's as likely to be linked to pesticides as to vaccines, but honestly, if it's a genetic disease, then they should have a specific genetic marker they can flag... SO many people I know say their kids have 'autism', but it's really bad parenting, lack of boundaries, and a kid who is hyperactive, and gets attention for acting insane. YES, some people actually have autism, and it's a terrible thing in some cases. I worked with a young man who was very autistic, and it was very real, and very sad. His parents had him in an institution (where I worked), and i doubt he could have been helped by better parenting or boundaries. It isn't PC to say, but my neighbor's daughter is 'autistic'... she's actually just rude, and indulged, and her parents are super strange, and had her 'pooping in her diaper in her crib' (which was in their room) when she was SIX. She was able to carry on conversations, dress herself, learn math and reading etc. and at MOST, had some alcohol effect going on, and probably some ADD. I could get my kid diagnosed with something too, if I never parented him, and fed him crazy sugar foods, and allowed his bad behavior to continue, and made excuses. I sell duck eggs to a lady who has a son with 'autism'... he is totally functional, just is super rude...he said to me "I'm older than your stupid f$$$$ son!", and she says "Oh, sorry he said that, he's autistic'.... um... sorry, but even if your kid is autistic, it means you have a responsibility to be a BETTER parent, not make excuses for giving up on boundaries.... this subject makes me crazy.

Quote:
There are more chemicals, herbicides, and pesticides used per square foot of lawns and parks in this country than there is per square foot of food producing farm ground.

our power company SPRAYS herbicide from a PLANE... along all it's power lines, unless you call and specifically tell them to stay the heck off your land... if they need to prune, they can come on in and do it with a pair of clippers, not chemicals. Y'all should call your power companies if you're concerned about poisons. Also, no more round up, miracle grow, scotts green lawn products, non-organic milk, bleached flour, bleached sugar, etc. I think it's hypocritical to complain about farms spraying their food (you CAN purchase organic), when individuals are probably contributing at least as much harmful poisons... look under your sink, THEN think about blaming others for poisoning your family.

ETA: From a PLANE

Last edited:
Quote:
After the 30s, vaccines became more common, so did going to the doctor in the first place... nobody gets diagnosed unless they go see a doctor... I bet reported syphillis cases went up too, and obesity, and 'women troubles', and most other things too. There's a great documentary about a filmmaker and his journey to 'cure' his autistic son... Horse Boy... it was beautiful. watch that. and watch Food Inc.... then come back and discuss.

Quote:
I've heard that, too.

Checking for Vitamin D deficiency is one my family doctor's pet projects and I was low, so she prescribed 50,000 IU/week. I am SOOOO grateful to be on a prescribed vit D supplement before I got pregnant and stay on it during this pregnancy. One less thing to worry about.
fl.gif

I was taking Vitamin D for awhile, but quit. Need to go back to taking it - I felt less fatigued.
I have worked in schools that have autism classes and I agree - there are children that this is VERY real for and then there are those that are just spoiled brats who are a little different. My son was diagnosed with ADD but I never let it be an excuse for him. I told him he had to find a way to cope in life regardless of any affliction, in the "real world" employers don't give a rat's bum if he has ADD or not.

My Nephew is autistic. My DS never allowed him to use his autism as an excuses for poor behavior or lack of manners. He's a very good kid. Polite and a very hard worker. He does have a hard time talking in social gatherings, but I've been so impressed by how well he's done. Alot of the reasons some of these kids turn out like they do is.... well, its frustrating as heck to deal with. Some parents barely want to deal with a normal kid let alone one with issues. It's alot easier to just make excuses for it than to work hard at helping them. Granted there are some autistic kids that really are messed up and really don't do as well as my DN. My DS has been through alot to get him where he is today.

Let me share some of the things he's accomplished.

He rids a unicycle.. (a tall one) in the city parade.
He played a bass clarinet in HS marching band, and now in the community orchestra
He was elected Prom King in his senior year (luckily he had a very supportive school)
He's graduated HS
He drives a car
He currently works a job (and they love him)... not too many people you have to ask to stop working these days! LOL!
He's saved up enough money to even put a dwn payment on a condo for himself.
He has goals and plans.. (something lots of kids his age don't have)

Last edited:
The whole issue of just bad behavior vs. a real disorder, goes both ways. I've seen kids I'm pretty certain are just brats, with poor parenting going on. I've also seen kids that I'm pretty certain have some sort of disorder, and parents/teachers keep trying to fix it with punishment. Either way sucks.

I think pesticide and herbicide use is responsible for a lot more than we realize, and so are dietary deficiencies, and exposure to chemical food additives, Add air and water pollution, mercury and prozac and who-knows-what-all in the fish, we have a toxic stew that's impossible to sort out. There's really no way to know what specifically causes what. There's too much.

All any of us can do is eliminate the use of known toxins where ever we can. For example, like Wifezilla, I garden organically, I never use pesticides or herbicides in my yard or garden. I use vinegar to clean the toilet and a lot of other things. I make my own spray cleaner with water, a few drops of essential oils, and a few drops of dish soap. I limit use of chemicals on my own property as much as possible. I try to encourage others to do likewise.

I agree that misinformation doesn't help anything. It's better to sure of your facts before starting a rant about something. If you know for sure, though, and have facts to back it up, as far as I'm concerned, please, rant on!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom