Auto-Sexing vs. Sex Linking

Prince and Pavo

Songster
Apr 4, 2023
Hello!

I am a little but confused about something… I don’t understand the difference between auto-sexing and sex-linking, since both would show you exactly which chicks are males or females as soon as they hatch. Is the difference simply that sex-links are hybrids and auto-sexing chicks are a specific breed? Thanks for any knowledge you guys have!

Hello!

I am a little but confused about something… I don’t understand the difference between auto-sexing and sex-linking, since both would show you exactly which chicks are males or females as soon as they hatch. Is the difference simply that sex-links are hybrids and auto-sexing chicks are a specific breed? Thanks for any knowledge you guys have!
Sexlinking can't be passed down. Auto-sexing can be passed down for generations so long as it is continually bred for

Hello!

There are ppl a lot more knowledgeable than I am about this topic, but this is what I know.
Sex link chicks are different colors. Males one color females different color. Easy to tell which is which.
I don’t know what auto sexing is.

I've done purebred sex-linked Sussex and if I crossed my Barnevelders correctly I can hatch sex-linked.

Buff sussex rooster over Light sussex hens.
Gold laced Barnevelder rooster over Silver laced hens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom