1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

automatic door opener

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by craigcarter79, Mar 2, 2014.

1. craigcarter79

craigcarter79 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2013
    uk
    Hi I've been looking for an automatic door opener and the one that I like the look of is the chicken guard! Has anyone else got one? Are they any good? If not what's the best one to get? I'm in the UK.

2. JanetS

JanetS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    I've had the pullet shut auto door for about 8 months and I love it. I've had no problems at all. Don't know if you can get it in the UK. Good luck.

www.chickendoors.com

3. craigcarter79

Nov 17, 2013
    uk
    I've seen those they look good, problem is I've already built the coop and connected the run to it so I need an opener that lifts it upwards.

4. JayDubYa

JayDubYa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2014
  5. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    D-20 add a motor use with a digital timer with a battery back up, this motor has worked flawlessly since day one and it is less than half the money of some others, I built a locking mechanism for my door that will work perfectly with this setup, go on YouTube and search for"locking chicken door"

6. JayDubYa

JayDubYa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2014
    Good to hear Jetdog, I tried to post that I am planning to use one of those. But my post had a link to it on Amazon, and it went off for approval. However, OP, they have them on Amazon, and sell for around $100 USD.
    JW

7. craigcarter79

Nov 17, 2013
    uk
    Oh well I've just purchased a hensafe automatic door opener. I'll post some feedback on it once I've had it fitted for a while. Take a look at www.hensafe.net

8. cochickenhead

cochickenhead New Egg

Oct 11, 2014
    Hello, I too am looking into A Add a Motor D20. Saw this thread, and was curious if your still happy with this model? Also, did you install it in the coop or outside?
    D-20 add a motor use with a digital timer with a battery back up, this motor has worked flawlessly since day one and it is less than half the money of some others, I built a locking mechanism f

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by