Automatic door

kmiller11

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 18, 2014
SE Pennsylvania
I have been doing research..looking for an automatic door, i havnt really found anything that jumped out at me yet, so i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have electric at the coop. I'm in the US (pennsylvania)

After much research I settled on the Ador1, for my personal situation and needs. Your mileage may vary. People seem to like both the pulletshut and the ador1.

Some points to consider:

Pulletshut door sticks out perpendicular to wall. Easy to walk into, trip over, and break it.
Ador1 is "guillotine" style.
Pulletshut requires wires going to power source. Ador1 is completely self contained but requires a lantern battery.
Ador1 is designed for daylight sensor or manual operation. Timers are only supported by attaching your own photo-sensor attached to a timer.
Both models are "odd" to program, since they have no convenient input or display devices.

I believe the Ador1 is generally a superior solution but has an achilles heel. Lots of people want to use a timer and the Ador1 only supports that by the owner attaching their own remote photo sensor and light bulb to a timer. This is actually easy to do but when you buy an automatic door for about $200 you're expecting some more convenience.

Back
Top Bottom