Automatic Fodder Watering System

ChickMow

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
Central Ohio
Working 2 jobs makes it hard to be around to water the fodder 2 to 3 times a day everyday and to empty and clean the spent water isn't appealing to me either. I've smelled how bad it can get. So I wanted to set up a system were I wouldn't have to be around to water or clean the dirty smelly water, so I came up with this. I got a 5 gallon bucket and drilled a hole in the bottom to accept a toilet fill valve and plumbed it into my domestic water. I then put two pumps in the bucket (I used 2 cause they don't have enough flow to do both shelves).I bought a programmable timer that you can set at 1 minute (on) intervals and had 2 outlets that work together ( for both pumps). So when the timer demands water its pumped out of the bucket and then the float drops on the toilet valve and keeps clean water in the bucket. The water is then drained into the floor drain. All I have to do then is mess with the fodder and cleaning the trays and refilling the seed. I made the fodder system out of wire baskets used in store displays that I turned upside down and added the PVC for the water and the draining. The nice thing is there stackable so I can add more if I find I need more for my meat birds coming

Bucket with toilet valve and 2 pumps

My crested Kahki Campbell

Attachments

• 05962F26-4722-4DC4-BDB2-3A02F0389627.jpeg
    05962F26-4722-4DC4-BDB2-3A02F0389627.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom