Automatic ROOF vent opener

michiganlarry

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Marine City, Michigan
I saw an automatic roof vent opener for a greenhouse. It opens when the temp reaches something around 70 degrees then closes when it falls. Anyone have any experience with these. I was thinking about putting an awning style vent in the side of the coop and hooking it to this.

Last edited:
You gave me a bit of a start. I'm thinking of my hens and wondering why would they need an automatic vent opener? It seems that the opener the good Lord gave them works well enough.

Quote:
ep.gif

That's a good one. I just ordered two of em from ebay for $20 each plus shipping. I am trying to make the coop as automatic as possible because I am at work up to 12 hours per day. Don't want the coop to get too steamy in the hot Michigan August sun.

Sounds great. Where did you find them? I'm putting a bathroom exhaust fan in but i'm gonna have to figure out how to operate it with a t-stat or something to make it automatic. This place is great for new ideas. Thanks

I'm still laughing about that one.

I am going to cut panels in the side walls of the coop and make awning style flaps. Shouldn't have more than $60 in both sides. Then they will get a nice cross breeze in the summer even if I don't remember to open the windows.

Back
Top Bottom