automatic turner keeps turning.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickencity, Mar 10, 2009.

1. chickencity

chickencity Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    i put a new batch of eggs in the incubator this weekend and set it on auto like i did last time. but for some reason it just keeps slowly truning instead of turning every few hours. its a cabnet incubator 1502 how do i check to see whats wrong with it?

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Nothing is wrong with it. Thats how it works. Mine does the same thing.

3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Yup, thats the way mine works too, It continously turns, making a full turn about every 4 hours.

4. chickencity

chickencity Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    i dont remember it doing that last time. everytime i walk past it i can hear the turner. i turned i off last night b/c i was going to turn it manualy but i fell asleep before remembering to do it. they went 9 hours with out being turned. will they be alright?
    thanks for the replys, u turned the turner back on this morning at 7am

5. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    Yes it is working correctly. I checked GQF site and they do not have a timer listed for any of their sportsmen incubators so that means they run constantly.

If you can hear the turner and could not before now it may mean your turner motor is about to fail.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  6. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    I dont know my 1502 turns every 2 hours and an alarm goes off when its turning and it turns fully to one side at that time then sits for 2 hours until it turns again.......

7. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    In that case I guess chickencity will have to look and see if the turner is wired into a timer or not:)

They do not even have a replacement part for a turner with timer, so I don't know why they would be putting out the same model with two different systems in it. Maybe yours was retrofitted at some point?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by