Automatic Waterers

I just installed an automatic watering system. My problem is I have lots ( 9) seperate units for different breeds or combintions. Most coops have only 5 at the most. I needed something I could keep clean and would work on gravity.

I hooked up 7 drinkers to seven different coopettes . I used two 5 gallon buckets for the reservoirs and I will have to fill it daily. I can put an Ice jug in it to keep it cool in summer.

Today, DH rigged a bottle in the brooder so the babies can learn how to use the drinkers early on. I use 1/2 of a Xlarge Dog Crate to brood the chicks. We just placed a rabbit water bottle on a board and mounted the drinker cup. Now they just have to learn to use it.

March07chickens094.jpg

This is the link to GQF. It turned out to be somewhat more expensive than I thought after buying the tubeing and the connectors, but I am going to like not haveing to fill 9 waterers every day and trying to keep them cool in summer.

http://www.gqfmfg.com/p2.asp?login=&orderid=&userid=&catid=9&productid=167

Last edited:
Here is how I hooked up mine. The pvc goes through the wall and there is an identical bowl inside the coop. The hose won't screw into pipe threads so there is a brass hose end to pipe thread adapter screwed on there too...

000_0132.jpg

Clever set-up, Mac!
clap.gif

I'm thinking of trying a gravity feed as well -good to know that these particular bowls work on gravity as well as pressure since they're available at my feed store. Thanks for the info!

Nice setup Mac. I'll have pics of mine tomorrow. Same as yours, but gravity fed from a 45 gsllond tank. I have no water out at the coop.
Quote:

Well, the automatic waterer is in and working great. Now if the company I bought my 50# automatic feeder ever gets here...............See pics on my web site linked to the left under my name.
Quote:

We fill them about once a month, depending on how hot it is. One is for 18 birds, the other for 37. Of course the one waterering the most birds has to be filled more often.

Allan Wranch that's a fine setup. It saves time and your water is always whip clean. My solution during the summer is two 45 gallon barrels with a float valve fed from eavestroughing. Since our weather is not as hot during the summer there is minimal refill required. But when weather is hot it usually required refilled manually.
Waterers1.jpg

Waterers2.jpg

Barn.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom