Automatically reposting pictures in quoted posts

BarnGoddess01

I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
north shore of Lake Erie
As someone who LOVES posting pictures - I can't believe I'm saying this but, it would be nice if there was an option to return to links when quoting posts loaded with pictures. The text truly gets lost in the maze of images.

I checked and there is no way to remove this from the quotes. You can remove it manually by clicking after the picture and press the backspace button to remove the pics.

There unfortunately isn't a way to turn off images in quotes, but people really shouldn't be in the habit of quoting posts with tons of pictures. Some people will want to have the pics show in their quotes and some will not.

In general it is kinda like using discretion with smilies, font sizes and colors. They are great features, but can be abused. In cases where members are abusing these the staff can send them a note.

So, we suggest people use discretion when quoting posts with pictures and either:

1. Don't quote the person
  2. If you quote, decide if the image needs to be in the quote (you can delete it from the quote)
  3. It's rarely appropriate to quote a post with a ton of images and have all those images in the quote.

I checked and there is no way to remove this from the quotes. You can remove it manually by clicking after the picture and press the backspace button to remove the pics.

Oh thank you!!

Nifty I usually like to quote when it is a long thread with lots of folks posting pics, and I want to tell someone that their particular chickens are cute.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have figured out the delete part but lots of other folks haven't.
tongue.png

Just sayin' ....

I'm loving the new BYC. Just making an observation for future consideration.
smile.png

Quote: I highlighted the smiley and exclamation point by right clicking to the right and sliding my mouse over them, and hit the delete key
I did the same to the link after Happy Chooks name which links back to their post above, only instead of using the delete key I used the backspace key.
I deleted the "Originally" in "Originally posted" by double clicking the word and hitting the space bar.

There are multiple ways of doing the same thing, so you just need to find the one that is simplest for you.

I often see replies that I feel would be less cumbersome and easier to read if some of the quoted material had been deleted. And I often delete what doesn't apply when I quote someone. I suspect some members are reluctant to edit what someone else has said, and that's an understandable feeling. With this new platform, though, the original post is only a click away. Has everyone figured out that the icon right after the member's name who was quoted is clickable, and takes you back to the post that was quoted?

I learned something else only this morning about quoting. In the edit account details of the profile, there is an option to "remove nested quotes in replies." If you select this, when you quote a post that has a quote inside another quote, only the latest quote will be kept in your post, so you are only showing the last thing said -- which is generally what you are replying to, anyway.

Oh, so THAT's what the nesting quotes box does! I didn't want to try it out in case something dire happened. :lol:
I think it's a good thing though, so that quotes don't get too long. I used to enjoy trying to make the longest quoted posts possible, but I think that looked a lot neater on the old BYC than it does now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom