Autopsy on Strange Deaths, Have you seen this before?? -- WARNING GRAPHIC PICS

How did their poop look? Of course I suspect it was quite green at the end, but any other abnormalities before they stopped eating, at the beginning of their decline?
Actually their poo looked totally normal during the entire illness right up to death. Some solids, some were a little runny, but no weird colors and no blood/red, or green.

That's odd. I sometimes see green algae in drinkers that are in direct sunlight, but I haven't noticed it in any Puddles. Any chance something could have contaminated the area?
Its possible. We have only lived here for a few years. The guy before us was a hoarder and burned everything in a huge pit before he moved. I have found old oil cans, furniture, toys, etc scattered around. I hope that is not the case since he burned it about 50 feet from the well for our house.... I didnt even think about that. I will send the ground out to be tested!!! Thank you for the idea!

Its possible. We have only lived here for a few years. The guy before us was a hoarder and burned everything in a huge pit before he moved. I have found old oil cans, furniture, toys, etc scattered around. I hope that is not the case since he burned it about 50 feet from the well for our house.... I didnt even think about that. I will send the ground out to be tested!!! Thank you for the idea!
Adding... We have had our well tested and it was fine. Thank God. But never had the ground tested where the chickens and goats roam. Also the goats are totally fine (atleast for now). I am already planning on moving them to the other yard when the barn is done --- but that area had a huge burn pit too 😞

They are 4 and 5 months old. No i havent done any deworming. No one has ever shown signs (in poos or inside their bodies during harvest). We do use garlic and ACV in all their water about once a month. They also get turmeric and cayenne powered in some of their treats about once a week.
Garlic can be toxic to birds. Stop using it.
ACV once a month isn't doing anything.
Turmeric and cayenne aren't riding worms either.

Fat birds are not healthy.

Are you feeding treats daily or often?

Back
Top Bottom