Autumn squatted for me! Is she close to laying? *Pics*

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
This morning I was feeding my younger chooks and my Standard Dark Cornish Hen Autumn squatted when I walked by her, then when I tryed to pick her up she was still squatting but then she started trying to "Run" away from me!
gig.gif
She ended up dragging her rear in the dirt - but she wouldn't stop squatting, even when I picked her up she was still in the "Squatting Trance" - so is she close to laying?
big_smile.png

Pictures -

Autumn
47807_dcbs_2.jpg

What am I fix'in to do?
wink.png

47807_dcbs_4.jpg

Face Shots -
47807_dcbs_5.jpg

47807_dcbs_7.jpg

Autumn looking into the lower-level nests
47807_dcbs_15.jpg

Pacing back and forth on the nesting boxes roost ....
wee.gif

47807_dcbs_17.jpg

One Eyed "Stink Eye"
wink.png

47807_dcbs_20.jpg

Looking into the nests ...
47807_dcbs_21.jpg

Pretty Autumn
47807_dcbs_28.jpg

Her BeUtIfUl neck feathers -
love.gif

47807_dcbs_33.jpg

Autumn is angry at me ...
hide.gif

47807_dcbs_34.jpg

Face Shot - - - >
47807_dcbs_41.jpg

Still pacing the roosts ...
wee.gif

47807_dcbs_43.jpg

47807_dcbs_44.jpg

47807_dcbs_45.jpg

And just for the record, I thought I'd throw in a picture of Sparrow, my Bantam Dark Cornish Hen that is about 4-5 years old.
smile.png

47807_dcbs_25.jpg

So is she about to lay?
droolin.gif

My Golden Sex Links and BOs squatted for me about a week (or two?) before they started laying. I have heard others on here give the same sort of time frame.

But I have a silkie that squatted for me a couple of weeks ago and still no eggs. She might not lay until spring though.
wink.png

I LOVE your nest boxes- and I remember Autumn from your other thread. Beautiful girl!
ep.gif

So I should be expecting eggs in a few weeks!?!
big_smile.png

Thanks -
smile.png

I got the nesting boxes for my Birthday from my parents. They said they cost around $60.00 bucks -
ep.gif

Autumn is a sweet girl, got her from a friend ( team edward on BYC ) in the first of June. She was really wild when I got her, but she has really calmed down, she'll even come up to me and "Peck" me when I'm kneeling down!
lol.png

Last edited:
I don't know much about Cornishes, but she doesn't seem to have a very big comb...
sad.png
And I though a very large comb was a good indicator that they are close to laying

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
No, not all hens have large combs -
smile.png

I think you mean Red combs?
smile.png

Yep, I guess I mean red
lol.png

Sorry, I only have experience with chickens... and very little experience with them anyway!
Hope she lays an egg soon~​

Quote:
No, not all hens have large combs -
smile.png

I think you mean Red combs?
smile.png

Yep, I guess I mean red
lol.png

Sorry, I only have experience with chickens... and very little experience with them anyway!
Hope she lays an egg soon~

Oh, that's perfectly fine.
hugs.gif

Finger's and Toes Crossed!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom