Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Dinos_rock, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I just can't get it to upload a picture for my avatar?[​IMG] I've tried to make the pic smaller, I've tried to save it differently, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? [​IMG]

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    show the picture that you want to make your avatar.

then maybe.....just maybe the moderators will upload it for you

3. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, I have the same dramas sometimes. When I go to photobucket to edit a pic I change them to avatar size, however they are too large for here.
    So its confusing, Hopefully someone can resize it for you, just post the pic on here and they can resize it for you for your avatar.

4. First-time-raising

First-time-raising Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2007
    Mid - Michigan
    Use this website

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

1. Browse for your picture you want
    2. Type in 100 for picture size
    3. Click resize
    4. Save 1 of the 3 pictures that it shows for you.
    5. Then upload it to this web site in your profile.

HOPE THE LINK WORKS

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I tried that website...and when it shrank my pic..it cropped it so badly, I couldnt use either of the 3. UGH. Im hopeing Rob can help with mine...he is working on it.

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

The avatar I have is same way...........mod's had to do it for me.......went to change it recently............alas.same problem.?

7. bantymum

Yes, it seems that the photobucket avatar is too large to use here, what a pain, but if we can find out how to fiddle with this we can all have success.
    Good luck

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Are you uploading it directly from your computer and not photobucket? You do avatars right from the computer.

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

10. bantymum

Thankyou,
    yes i was uploading to photobucket just to use it to resize to avatar and then save in my pics to upload to BYC as my Kodak photoeditting software doesnt say "avatar" size, Ill just have to tweek my pics when I get a chance!! and remember the size to crop it to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by