Average age for Wyandottes to start laying?

koconnell

Hatching
11 Years
Oct 11, 2008
I have six 9 week old GLW and I found 3 eggs in the coop this morning! Is it normal for them to lay so young?:eek:

That's a little young but not unheard of.....lucky you!!!
smile.png
I think anywhere from 4 mo. to 6 mo. is usually average for most breeds.

I only have the 6 Wyandotte hens. They are all the same age, I think! I bought them online and they were supposedly "day old chicks". I also have a young Sebright rooster who wandered in one day and shares their coop.

Yeah, wow! I have 2 GL Wyandottes that are now 18 weeks old and I am looking every day for that first egg. You are indeed lucky. My 2 have decided to sleep in the nesting box so I made another box which my older hen went right in and is laying her eggs there. She seems to be very adaptable.

Quote:
I think that's really too young I have 5 silver laced wyndott,non of them layed an egg yet and they are for sure about 6.5 months old.
May be one of your friends wants to make you excited and put the eggs in the nesting box!
what ever it is I wish yiu best luck.
Omran.

That's a bit unheard of...Wow. At nine weeks they are only two months old. Mine at nine weeks still looked like babies. My GLW started laying at 20/21 weeks and I thought I was doing good for that breed.

Thanks for all of your input! I really apperciate the help. I am new at raising chickens!
Could someone please tell me how to add pics to a message so I can show my girls and eggs?

Back
Top Bottom