Avian influenza found in South Carolina

Unfortunately the spread in Iowa did not spare McMurray Hatchery 😔
https://blog.mcmurrayhatchery.com/2...atchery-high-pathogenic-avian-influenza-hpai/

Here in Washington County, Maine, we've had a case less than 25 miles from me. I've got my birds under cover and on lockdown but the word is slow to reach my neighbors.
I just saw this in another thread. How horrible! Thats so sad.
I hope your flock is alright and your able to avoid it. Crossing my fingers for you and your flock. :hugs

So if I understand right, if your order from them was affected, they call and do not call if it was not affected? Just asking because my order from them ships this week
That’s how I read it too. I also scanned through their general availability to see if any of the breeds I ordered were removed. So far they are all still on (very rare to sell out males so if the males are available I figure that breed is unaffected).
Maybe check to see now if everything you ordered is still listed for this season? They said in the statement affected breeds would not be available this year so they can build them back up with the eggs they have. What a nightmare for them.

If I have time later I may compare catalog to availability to see what breeds are missing.

That’s how I read it too. I also scanned through their general availability to see if any of the breeds I ordered were removed. So far they are all still on (very rare to sell out males so if the males are available I figure that breed is unaffected).
Maybe check to see now if everything you ordered is still listed for this season? They said in the statement affected breeds would not be available this year so they can build them back up with the eggs they have. What a nightmare for them.

If I have time later I may compare catalog to availability to see what breeds are missing.
I read its not spread through hatching eggs so whatever eggs they have already are fine

Honestly at this point I figure that I'll just check the invoice against the resulting chicks. If they don't have something that i ordered in the box, I'll assume it was affected and not be irritated like I usually am with the substitutes

Back
Top Bottom