Avian influenza found in South Carolina

We did ship for TSC about 10-12 years ago, but we have chosen not to work with them. They wanted all of our product during the peak time of the year, and we have stores that have been with us since the 70's and early 80's, and we did not want to leave them without a supplier. Occasionally, we will drop ship to some stores for other hatcheries.
Thank you for being a loyal supplier 😊

We did ship for TSC about 10-12 years ago, but we have chosen not to work with them. They wanted all of our product during the peak time of the year, and we have stores that have been with us since the 70's and early 80's, and we did not want to leave them without a supplier. Occasionally, we will drop ship to some stores for other hatcheries.
Appreciate the insight. I understand that TSC has some policies that might make them an "unattractive" client for many suppliers - in similar situation, I'd make the same business decision you have and stuck with my loyal, long term customers rather than chasing an unreliable and annually variable window of potential business.

Others haven't made that choice, examples are plentiful.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20240425-how-dangerous-is-bird-flu-spread-to-wildlife-and-humans
Screenshot_20240426-122511.png

From the same site:

"Future outbreaks of HPAI could also be controlled and even prevented via reforms to global meat production, Kuiken says. A more sweeping approach could include a cap on the global poultry population size and more equitable consumption – Europe currently eats twice as much meat as global health authorities advise, Kuiken notes. (Read BBC Future's article on sustainable sources of protein.)"

From the same site:

"Future outbreaks of HPAI could also be controlled and even prevented via reforms to global meat production, Kuiken says. A more sweeping approach could include a cap on the global poultry population size and more equitable consumption – Europe currently eats twice as much meat as global health authorities advise, Kuiken notes. (Read BBC Future's article on sustainable sources of protein.)"
I would think USA would beat Europe. But probably more beef and less waterfowl

Back
Top Bottom