awaiting hatching...

Okay, I figured out how to upload pictures. I've had seven chicks hatch so far. Though one didn't make it - the one that came out the wrong end of its shell and has seemed weaker than the others, so it's sad but I'm not really surprised. I've still got the remaining 5 eggs in the incubator just in case.

They guy I got the eggs from keeps four breeds of coturnix: white, pharoah, Tibetan, and golden Italian. He gave me a mix of eggs from the four breeds, so now I get to guess what I've got. The white ones are obvious, the others I'm not so sure but I am guessing mainly pharoah.
View attachment 1207410 View attachment 1207411

Adorable!! :love

40 or less.. lol im horrible at keeping track of the numbers. We had 110 but ups broke like half of them, and only so many actually took bad shipment.. we told the lady and she said she is changing the way she ships and sending us alot of free ones because of it.
My first hatch was 91 the second 75 and this one ... still hatching
Wow that's a lot of quail eggs/ fluffy quail chicks! At least compared to my 12 eggs. 7 hatched. 3 have died. I've got a little 'flock' of 4 now. Just hoping they survive! My goal was to end up with 3-4 females and sell any males. That is seeming less likely, but I'm enjoying the whole process anyhow! The chicks are 4 days old now, getting all energetic and jumping around when I open the curtains in the morning, and starting to get pin feathers growing in on the wings. How are yours coming along?

Thank you, Hope Hughes. Good to know some variation is normal Well, I already sort of knew that, I've been reading up on the process, but it's still reassuring to hear it again!
Your welcome!
I was like you and researched the crud out of it! I knew (still don't really know anything) about quail and hatching them. I have had like a billion chickens and hatched them but not quail.... one thing I can say is they are really easy and they eat a lot lol
Can't wait to see photos of your new little fluffys!

Thank you for the reassurance, everyone who has replied. It's just so hard to wait!

Thanks, Hope Hughes. Day 18 today and I've seen some rocking eggs but no sign of hatching yet! The wait is killing me!
It is so hard to wait... put first hatch I think I checked ever 5sec!! But my husband was just as bad checking too Lol! It'

So exciting to watch them just pop right out.​

40 or less.. lol im horrible at keeping track of the numbers. We had 110 but ups broke like half of them, and only so many actually took bad shipment.. we told the lady and she said she is changing the way she ships and sending us alot of free ones because of it.
My first hatch was 91 the second 75 and this one ... still hatching

Wow that's a lot of quail eggs/ fluffy quail chicks! At least compared to my 12 eggs. 7 hatched. 3 have died. I've got a little 'flock' of 4 now. Just hoping they survive! My goal was to end up with 3-4 females and sell any males. That is seeming less likely, but I'm enjoying the whole process anyhow! The chicks are 4 days old now, getting all energetic and jumping around when I open the curtains in the morning, and starting to get pin feathers growing in on the wings. How are yours coming along?
Lol yea my husband got a litt,e carried away with quail!!! And we have another 100 or so eggs on the way :th
Mine are all good and running around i had 3 or 4 that did do so well in hatching ,and seem to not be doing good now either so i may loose them but other then that they are vocal and fluffy.
I have 3 sets of quail now!!! :barnie
Im glad yours are still doing good...to me chickens are easier to hatch and raise then quail.
I feel like quail die way easier then chickens. And quail are suposed to he hardy :confused:

Back
Top Bottom