Awesome Ebayer fights back agains bad shippers.

OK, I found the seller now. Going on my do not buy list, that is for sure! It looks like the guy rolled toilet paper around each egg! And Not even the softness of Charmin, DOLLAR STORE TOILET PAPER!!

I had to look to see if it was the same ebay seller I bought expensive eggs from last fall. The seller I bought from is top rated and the packing was extremely similar. I recall gasping when I saw the minimal packing after my first hatching eggs experience with another seller was with bubble wrap. No eggs were broken, but they were so jostled inside (broken air sacs) that none of the exactly 12 eggs (no extras) developed. I told the seller and only got a tough luck message in return. I will not buy from her again and will inform my close friends not to chance it either.

All shipped eggs are a risk for both the seller and the buyer. I just had a box of hatching eggs sit in our regional PO center for apparently 4 days before moving on to NY and my buyer.
he.gif
Nothing I could do, but in the end that kind of thing does cost me as a seller.

If I wasn't so poultry and hatching addicted, I'd give up on all shipped eggs.
hmm.png

WOW!!! What a jerk that seller is! I guess that is why he had to get a new account! Kudos to the buyer for trying to let people know in a very creative manner!!
smile.png

Quote:
PM'd you.

You have to go to the link I posted in the first post, click on his feedback number, then click on feedback left for others, and the first negative feedback left is for the bad seller.

Last edited:
People use the disclaimer as a cop out.....I have been shipping eggs for 4 years with NOT one broken egg. I even Guarantee they will get them unbroken.....

I understand people need to learn, but they need to pay or replace eggs untill they do.

I had my share of broken eggs untill I learned....Anyone can tell by my feedback, I check with everyoe who gets eggs from me ...so for a fact NOT even one broken egg in 4 years......(yes I ship hundreds every year)

So the person packing the eggs can keep eggs from being broken, at least the shell..

Quote:
I agree. I like the disclaimer, and use these options for myself, but that's more for pain in the butt buyers who simply cannot be pleased. I still feel that if you send eggs incorrectly, YOU need to pay for the shipping to have them re-shipped, and that's coming from a poor, broke arse seller who really can't afford to toss $6 out the window on a reshipment. I also believe that if none of the eggs develope, a seller should honestly replace the eggs (and have the buyer pay shipping). That's entirely my opinion though, and I would say that after the first reshipment, if they still can't get them to develope, a refund of egg price, less the ebay fees or whatever, should be in order.

I am so sorry that happened to this buyer....we all know shipped eggs are a risk, but that pack job was just rediculous! I to have received eggs in an egg carton...that method just does not work!
old.gif
duc.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
I hope this person does not sell eggs here on BYC.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't think the packing in egg cartons was the problem. No, not at all. The problem was the shipping box size.
My best hatches have come from packaging in egg cartons. The eggs were wrapped and placed (firmly) in the egg cartons. The egg cartons (taped) were then placed in a heavily padded box. Sometimes I have had them set inside yet another box.

I admire this ebay buyer for posting his "egg soup," listing!

Back
Top Bottom