Awesome Ebayer fights back agains bad shippers.

Quote:
Have you looked here on BYC? Some people are charging between $15 - $20 to ship just SIX eggs.

I don't mind paying $15 for shipping, as long as they pack it well, bubble wrap isn't cheap.

When I first saw the box I thought the eggs looked exactly like ones that I received from an ebay seller! I won some FBCM eggs (from a different seller) too earlier this year and they were packed EXACTLY the same way with a yolk mess over the ones that weren't broken. I did get 3 of the 12 to hatch though.

Quote:
Have you looked here on BYC? Some people are charging between $15 - $20 to ship just SIX eggs.

I charge $15 shipping for my eggs. It averages me $13.50 per box to mail out a box of 12+ eggs. That leaves me $1.50 to pay for bubble wrap, tape and my time to wrap them.

The thing that got me was the "thanks for the 60 bucks, moron!" Seriously, someone would say that?!?! Wow. I tried to find the sellers name too and couldn't. I don't think I'll be buying eggs online soon, but could someone PM me, because I can't figure out how to look it up. That reply email was just unbelievable to me, civility is apparently a dying art.

Quote:

I charge $15 shipping for my eggs. It averages me $13.50 per box to mail out a box of 12+ eggs. That leaves me $1.50 to pay for bubble wrap, tape and my time to wrap them.

I used to do a lot of online selling and there are times when you cannot avoid charging high prices to ship. If I didn't, I would lose money (iow-paying money out of my own pocket to ship). I would only charge actual prices, though, like you. There are lots of Ebay sellers that do charge exorbitant shipping. That's their income.
smack.gif

I charge 10.00 to ship eggs, 5 peafowl egg.. they weight about what a dozen chicken eggs do. No bubble wrap here,and no broken eggs either.

Very few time i get charged over 10.00 by USPS ......never ship flat rate, because it cost about double normal priority mail.

So yes I think 15.00 is to much to charge..........unless its a large order.

Back
Top Bottom